June 2012 Weddings
Options

mini anxiety attack

I experienced a mini anxiety attack this morning. It is frustrating because I feel like there are things I need to get accomplished on my day off. Having anxiety postpones things. One good thing I suppose is that it is pouring down rain outside so I can focus on getting things clean and organized around the house today. I am off tomorrow also. Hopefully, I will be able to run errands in town then.

Has anyone else been experiencing anxiety? How do you calm down?

I took a shower and am brewing some tea.

Re: mini anxiety attack

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Tea and bath/shower works, but I have anxiety even without wedding stuff. I went to the doctor and got a mild dose of xanax, and I only take a half of a pill twice a day. It's really helped calm me down and helped me sleep, too. It's a temporary thing until after the HM (I'm scared of flying).

Another thing is to do breathing exercises. In your nose, out your mouth... really deep, slow breaths. When I get REALLY worked up, I make FI wrap me in a big bear hug and he does the breathing exercises, which helps me calm down.

Hope it all starts working out for you. Wine is a great help, too ;)
  • Options
    Thanks! I see we are getting married on the same day. Congrats
  • Options
    You, too! :)
  • Options
    I've been getting mini-anxiety attacks too..  I don't normally or anything but its been pretty often leading up to the wedding.  I'm a serious control freak when it comes to planning and having a destination wedding, you have to place a lot of faith in other people to do the job you are positive you are the only one that can do right. I've found that if i sit for a little bit and take deep breaths, write down everything that is in my head (and put them into whatever spreadsheet i've created, yes, crazy remember?) I feel much better. It feels like there is a home for the thoughts running around my head.  This obvious wont work for everyone, but for me, it makes me feel better. :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have anxiety anyway and am on Paxil for it.  I find that when I'm starting to get stressed my FI can tell. We will usually watch funny videos on YouTube or pop in a funny movie.  That little break makes me chill.  
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My fiance and I twirl around the living room for fun. Perhaps when he gets home we can have some wine and a little twirling :)

• Options
    I had a anixety attack at my shower, I know it really takes a lot out of you. I don't take medication or anything like that. I try to deep breathe, take a step back, and organize how i will get things done. It makes me feel much better when i have a plan in place, even for little things. I really like you idea of tea and bath for relaxations. I think it will def help you alot and i might be trying it as well because i feel myself getting really up tight it being only 11 days from the wedding. And usually i'm so laid back, i'm not use to this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    oh... and i saw we're the same wedding day! lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've been really on the edge this week. I haven't had a full blown panic attack, but mini ones for sure. I just remembered my stepmom gave me some bath stuff a couple weeks and a nice bath while sipping tea tonight sounds freaking amazing. 

I'm trying to get everything done this weekend. Anything last minute will just make me panic more :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an anxiety attack yesterday, stressing about the last few little things/worrying about whether I'd fit into my dress or not. I'm on Paxil for anxiety, like kiki, and I have Klonopin for those severe times. FI knows me well enough to know when things are getting to be too much so he tries to talk me down and comforts me.

If I'm alone, I sort of just ride out the panic attack and then lay down for awhile since it really drains my energy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one experiencing anxiety. Thanks for sharing your tips on getting pass the attack. Since my fiance has been home I have laughed plenty. I have Friday through Sunday off so hopefully it will give me time to organize things I wil need to bring for the wedding(I am getting married 3 hours away) as well as pack for the Bachelorette party, Rehearsal day, the wedding day and the honeymoon. Woo..I just took a deep breath thinking about it :) A nice bubble bath sound nice also. I have heard lavender is suppose to ease anxiety.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards