June 2012 Weddings
Options

*kelsey+brandon*

Hi!  I saw in the theme post that you are planning a garden theme and having a tented reception.  We will be doing the same thing!  (Well, the tent is a definite and I have been playing around with the garden theme idea given that the wedding will take place outside at a restaurant that has many gorgeous flower gardens and a pond with a fountain.)  Anyway, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your ideas for decor/centerpieces/anything that works with the tent/garden theme!  You can either PM me or comment back on here! 

Thank you so much :)
imageimage

Re: *kelsey+brandon*

• Options
    I think just having the tent does a lot for the theme. We're also doing the white draping inside the tent and going with either a walnut or mahogany color chivari chair. Our tent will be surrounded by green, some flowers and lots of trees, so like yours, just having the nature there does a lot!

For our centerpieces, we actually doing 3 different kinds (it makes things a little cheaper). I'm going to describe them the best I can since I've only had our initial meeting with the florist and we're still working things out. 

Our flowers will all be a blush/pale pink and champagne colors.
    Here's a link to my blog post about it with pics of some of the flowers we're planning on using:

Centerpiece 1:
    8 of these: different size pillar candles with a wreath of flowers around them
    Sort of like this, but with a more defined ring of flowers and taller candles:

Centerpiece 2:
    8 of these: the traditional small centerpiece, sort of like this but more soft and fluffy:

Centerpiece 3:
    4 of these: 
    tall clear glass vases that curve inward like a skinny hourglass with lots of flowers sticking out, giving it lots of height - lots of hydrangeas and garden roses as well as taller flowers like delphinium - I'm actually having a really hard time picturing these, so when my florist does mock ups, even though it'll probably be a while, I'll post some pics for you!

I hope this helps! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards