June 2012 Weddings
Options

So...

...I just found out my MOH is giving out Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers as favors for my Shower. 

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously...if you could get any dog/pet what would it be? FI wants a golden retriever. I obviously want the Wheaten Terrier. 

Re: So...

• Options
    What? LIke real dogs? To everyone?
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Seriously?! What about people who can't have/don't want a dog? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm confused as well.

I hope my kids never ask for a dog ... they won't be getting one.  Cats all the way in this house!  LOL.

If I could have any animal as a pet ... it would probably be a sloth, or some other cute, fuzzy, awesome animal.
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Uhhh....I'm pretty sure she was joking, guys, she was kidding about it as a way to bring up the fact that she wants a SCWT of her own :)

I have my dream dog - a Cardigan Welsh Corgi.  He's 8 years old now, almost 9, and he is the best, most sweetest dog ever :)

ETA:  If I could have any PET I wanted though, goats all the way.  My family has raised them since I was 11, and I was so upset when I had to sell off my babies in college.  If it ever fits our lifestyle, I totally want to get them again.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Haha, Meg's just joking, y'all. I'm very much a cat person as opposed to a dog person. I like how they are independent and they don't smell. I'd like a persian or some sort of long-haired cat, even though I know they shed.

ETA: This post made me think of the movie "Bridesmaids" and the girl that goes way overboard with the shower.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The but "seriously..." was a way to segway into asking what people want for a dog/say what I want/show a picture of the cutest dog ever. (As DrPB said)

Has NO ONE seen Bridesmaids? FFS

Abbe Corgis are PRECIOUS, my friend has some.  Here's a picture from the kennel I want to get my SCWT...in 5 years :(

• Options
    I immediately thought of Bridesmaids too!  We have a cat and FI won't let me get a dog.  I want one in theory, but in reality I don't want the responsibility.
  • Options
    Haha! Bridesmaids!  I went to see it with 3 of my Bridesmaids!
    I've always wanted a basset puppy.  

FI keeps sending me really cute dogs up for adoption and he's making me the bad guy that has to say no all the time.  We have a 2 year old mutt that we love, she's finally behaving.  We don't have room or money or time or the work schedules for another puppy right now.

Anniversary
  • Options

I <3 a Bridesmaids reference!

We have a mutt; he's a German Short Haired Pointer mix. Here's my baby!

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This is my ideal pet:

Edmond the basset hound. We rescued him from Oregon Basset Rescue and I love him to death!! FI is dying for a golden retriever...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:1e10af20-7a35-47d2-8bd9-aed94e503328">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The but "seriously..." was a way to segway into asking what people want for a dog/say what I want/show a picture of the cutest dog ever. (As DrPB said) <strong>Has NO ONE seen Bridesmaids?</strong> FFS Abbe Corgis are PRECIOUS, my friend has some.  Here's a picture from the kennel I want to get my SCWT...in 5 years :(
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]
    I was right there with you, Meg. I love that movie.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Loving the pictures.  Diamond, we had a german short haired growing up, he was AWESOME.
  • Options
    We have a German Shepherd puppy. Our next dog in a year or so will most likely be a Black Lab. FI and I love dogs and we hope to get a few more!
  • Options
    I got it right away!!!

My dream dog is a Golden Retriever, so I was sooo jealous of those shower guests when we saw that scene! haha

We want to name him Theodore Roosevelt FI's Last name and call him Teddy.

My mom grew up with goldens and other lab retrievers. A bunch of them were trained to go hunting with my grandpa, so they went to hunting school. Their first name was always the name of their training school. My favorite dog name they ever had was Tigethos Golden Goliath and they called her Gollie. 
  • Options
    I would love an English Bulldog - I would name him Hammond!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I was laughing so hard after seeing your post. Our next dog will be a lab. My FI's passed a year ago and I want a dog that will actually bring a ball back. My pit is the sweetest baby but doesn't understand retrieving.
  • Options
    I have my dream dog now, always wanted a boxer and I talked FI into getting her. He really would have liked a smaller dog but I had to have her.

Kaya will be 2 years old in May and she's awesome dog! Funny how things work out because her and FI are obssesed with each other!

• Options
    Oh thank goodness. Yes I've seen Bridesmaids..you just never know on this website some of the crap that people come up with haha.

FI and I are getting a German Shorthaired Pointer when we have a yard.  He grew up with them. I like them.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I grew up with cairn terriers and my parents still have two (which coincidentally have the same names as FI's parents....we got the dogs before I met FI..random fun fact!) and we get to see them all the time, but we both really want a dog of our own.....we have decided on a schnoodle (a friend has one and he is adorable and really good with their kids).  Hope we can get one eventually!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'd really love to have either an Austrialian Sheperd-

Or a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog

My FI actually took me to a shelter on Saturday as a surprise, and they had an Aussie. It was the hardest thing not to take him home. )= We can't afford a dog right now.
  • Options
    Jane that dog is wicked cute.  I like small dogs that aren't loud.  FI's family's papillion is obnoxious and spoiled rotten. lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:fcb24c07-24b6-441e-b522-a8367f086ea0">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love an English Bulldog - I would name him Hammond!
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

My nef-pup is a bully. His name is Wallace (Wally) and he is so much fun! My brother and SIL baby the heck out of him! He is super smart. Him and Edmond (basset above) love to get together!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:7f8be870-8b24-4e24-bc71-18a3cd4f5ee1">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane that dog is wicked cute.  I like small dogs that aren't loud.  FI's family's papillion is obnoxious and spoiled rotten. lol

<div>Hehe I know!! I could stare at it's cute little face all day!!</div><div>
    </div><div>My parents dogs are also super yappy and spoiled rotton...they get away with everything!!  We couldn't have a yappy dog in our apartment or the neighbors would go nuts!</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hahaha how did people think you were serious?!?! 

Anyway!! I rescused my dream dogs...two pugs :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    I grew up with a lab/collie mix, about 70 lbs. I knew I always wanted a small dog. I also have asthma, so I needed one that didn't shed much. We looked at a few types and FI loved the yorkshire terrier-poodle mix best. We've had him a year, he's the greatest dog. He never barks and he's such a cuddle bug. His hair is curly like a poodles, but soft like a yorkies. 
    The SCWT is really cute too! I never heard of them before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:b2a1dfbe-a887-4c30-9ed7-1ad10f7e83cf">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I grew up with a lab/collie mix, about 70 lbs. I knew I always wanted a small dog. <strong>I also have asthma</strong>, so I needed one that didn't shed much. We looked at a few types and FI loved the yorkshire terrier-poodle mix best. We've had him a year, he's the greatest dog. He never barks and he's such a cuddle bug. His hair is curly like a poodles, but soft like a yorkies.  The SCWT is really cute too! I never heard of them before.
    Posted by Teep[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup!! Me too, SCWT is hypo allergenic too! FI's cousin got one and I'd never heard of it either.  Saw one at Petsmart yesterday and died.  I want one so bad but I have to wait...I love dogs!</div><div>
    </div><div>Pugs, I'm not surprised you love Pugs! Your babies are precious.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I'd get another teddy bear puppy in a second. We just love Sugar!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:d62f1711-9b28-43a3-93a5-d5f55ab4414d">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... : Yup!! Me too,<strong> SCWT is hypo allergenic too</strong>! FI's cousin got one and I'd never heard of it either.  Saw one at Petsmart yesterday and died.  I want one so bad but I have to wait...I love dogs! Pugs, I'm not surprised you love Pugs! Your babies are precious.

<div>It looks like it is, it has that same hair type. It's so fluffy! </div><div>It did take me about a month to get used to him. I didn't have full asthma attacks everyday, but I was taking my inhaler more often. But your body will adjust.</div>
  • Options
    When we go to FI's family's house I struggle.  They have a husky and papillion and the husky sheds like crazy.  I used to want a husky...

I'm still getting used to the asthma thing.  I found out when I had to give up my beautiful angora rabbits because they were giving me crazy attacks.  

• Options
    We have a yorkie (mine) and a chocolate lab (FI's).  I've always wanted a big dog and a little dog.  Except I wanted them to get along haha.  Our lab is a big baby but our yorkie can't have her time wasted by her "big" sister. She wants nothing to do with her.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards