June 2012 Weddings

RSVP lull...

It has been over 10 days since we have gotten an RSVP back.  They are due in one week and we are still waiting on 77 people!  About 12 of them are OOT and told us that they wouldn't know if they could make it until last minute so that is fine, but I am starting to get impatient on the rest!  I feel like it is making FI feel bad too because the remining RSVP's are almost all from his side.  He is starting to thing the guests will be all from my side.  I am starting to wish there were a few more type-A people on FI's side of the family!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 203 Invited so far!
image 142 Are ready to party!
image 61 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: RSVP lull...

• I'm getting impatient bc i rush to the mailbox and there is only 1 each day- somedays none. We have so many people that haven't RSVP ( i'm estimating about 100 or more- FI has a huge family). I wish some people would just send in the rsvp right when they get the invite. UGH!!
  • I know the feeling we still have 2 weeks until our deadline, but seriously people, it's been two days since I have gotten any! Sucks but hopefully tonight we have some!

image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Mine were due last week.  I am waiting on about 40 people.  They are all out of town, and just told us that they are trying to make it work.  How long do I wait to see if flying out here "works."  I want to do the table arrangement.  If it was one family fine, but 40 people makes a huge difference.  I dont want to be rude, but I want a yes or no. 
  • I send mine out about 2 weeks ago and have only gotten 3 back, about 20 people have called and said they are coming but didn't send RSVP's back...It's making me NUTS!! we are waiting on about 150 people still...our due by date is May 25th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know how you ladies feel!  My due date was last week.  I've only received 18 out of 50 cards in the mail.  This past weekend my FI and I got on the phone/e-mail to find out if the rest were coming.  We are still missing about 20!  I'm hand making favors and centerpeices and still need to order a few things.  I need these responses asap!  I wish everyone had the curtesy of my brother and sister inlaw, I received thier rsvp the same week i mailed out the invites.  My FI and I will be on the horn again this weekend for the remaining rsvps.  It's something we need to do since I can't work out the decorating details of the wedding without knowing who is coming.   P.S. I bet we all out have save a pretty penny if we knew the rsvp card/envelope/stamp/etc. weren't going to be used! hehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine are due one week from today and I am still waiting on 55 people!
  • why is it so difficult to get RSVP'S back???????...why oh why....lol. My rsvp date was about 3 weeks ago,i did it early casue i knew this was going to happen....im still tracking down people..it seems like a daily task for me.

it sucks when you've been waiting all day and check the mailbox and it's empty..feel like ripping it off the wall...LOL
    Mashavoo
  • I can relate.  Sent ours out April 9 and so far have recieved 25 out of 65 back and our deadline is next Sat.  I have to say it is mostly on FI's side as well.  As I said in another post, I ran into a woman we invited and she flat out told me no one RSVP's anymore.  I have no idea why anyone would think this is ok!  I'm sure I will have many phone calls to make after next week.  Ugh.

• Ours are due back one week from today....we are still waiting to hear from over 100 people! We invited 250 and have heard back from 109! I'm hoping people are just slacking. I'll take a last minute or even late response over having to track down all these people! I guess the silver lining is that 140ish people is really only probably 70ish response cards that we're still waiting on.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our deadline is in one week and we still have about 65 people who are MIA!!! It makes me think they're waiting til the last minute to see if there's a better offer for a fun event on June 16th!!!
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • cmg317cmg317 member
    First Comment
    I'm right there with y'all. I have 53% of mine in with a deadline of May 16. I didn't get any today. My venue has about 100 chairs I can use, but we are expecting about 125-140. I don't know how many extra chairs I need to rent until the RSVPs are in. It's driving me NUTS!!!!!
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I think our mail lady is holding out on us. haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel your pain! Today is my RSVP date and I do not have responses from 60 people! So annoying... looks like I will be making lots of phone calls this week.. ughhh. I am always so thrilled to receive a wedding invitation that I always send it back that day! It's so rude that people dont care to send them back on time :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our deadline is this Saturday and still waiting on 40 RSVP cards back!  My mom is freaking out.  Monday we only had one come back and yesterday we had none!  What are people waiting for??  I really hope we don't have to call all of these people next week!
  • I was thinking about this myself the other day. and I promised myself to RSVP asap whenever I get the next invite that needs a response. I had no idea how anxious this process would make me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ours are due today... 50 still MIA :(
    Anniversary
  • I am feeling the pain from this too. Ours are due back one week from today and we have yet to recieve about about 50% of them. I am exactly opposite of you though, OP, all of Fi's came back, but not mine. Stinks
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine are due in two weeks. I still have A LOT out! I had a big lull where no one was returning them, then I got 4 in two days. Most of mine who haven't turned then in are family!
  • Same here. I have been on the phone, email and facebook tracking people down. Our deadline is this week. Most of my FI's side and some of my friends. I only invited about 120 people and I am missing 30. Its funny how its all relative to how many you send out, some ppl sent out hundreds and only got 100 back and I only sent 100 and can't get them all back. Wierd how that works, no matter how many you send out the percentage of responses is about the same.
  • Wow it seems like this is a commen situtaion.... Today was my first day without getting a single one since they starting coming in. Coming home to see how many rsvps are in the mailbox has been one of my favorite things so I was pretty disapointed. Still have almost three weeks until the due date and am still missing around 125 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards