Options

EXPIRED

2»

Re: EXPIRED

• Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Who is the MOH? A friend? A relative? Why is she so clueless?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:23102e99-d609-43f2-8705-82e956e546b7">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]My corset looked normal last year, but my boobs grew and now it's wider
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

I'm going to need a photo of your bra to believe this.
  • Options
    The whole point of a bustle is so that your dress doesn't drag on the ground and cause problems.  You might as well not have one with the way this looks!  Definitely take it back and have them show you it again, then stand farther away from the mirror with your back to it and turn around.  If its still dragging on the floor, make them redo it within your time constraint.  There's no excuse for a bustle that doesn't pick the dress up off the floor!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In the first pic you posted of you with the alterations done, it looks like they missed a whole row to lift it up a little. Could it be the person just messed up? I would take it back in and ask them to look at it with you and show them pics from your appt before the alterations and then after.

I think the corset looks fine and I wouldn't worry about that.. but the bustle just has that weird droopy part.

I looked at these pics way too long, my eyes are crossing. lol.
  • Options
    I think the corset will be fine, but I don't understand how your MOH doesn't know about weddings, if she has been to a bunch. My MOH is my 20 year old sister and she came up with a list of things for us to do, and a list of things for her to do. 

I agree with the PPs, the bustle needs to be fixed. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:e451dde2-5fcb-4ee3-8165-03886a1c1336">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]MOH is 23 and has been to many weddings- acording to her.
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

What do you mean according to her?  Isn't an MOH someone who is close to you, i.e a best friend, relative, family friend etc.?  Wouldn't you know if she's been to weddings?  Also, yes the store royaly screwed up your bustle but I have 2 things to say about that.  What alterations store doesn't have a double/triple miorror for you to be able to see their work before walking out with it?  Or even a large hand held mirror you could hold up?  And 2, even if there was no possible way to SEE the back of your dress, your dress is huge, and obviously heavy...couldn't you feel it dragging on the floor behind you?? 

And I really don't think you should be concerned about the WIDTH of the corset, although it's a little crooked in this photo, straighten it out and it's fine.  None of your guests will be comparing the width of your bustle to the photos you have posted here for us to see. Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    How is your bustle tied? My seamstress put matching colored ties in so that we knew which strings to pull together. Are yours colored? I would definitely take it back to the store and ask them to 1) show you how to tie it (and if it's still dragging when they do, FIX IT!), and 2) color code the ties so that you know which ones go together. 

I'm really sorry about your corset. )=  I doubt your seamstress will be able to take it back out much, since my understanding is they cut the fabric and then re-sew it. But you should absolutely get your money back, especially if they did work that you did NOT agree to have done. And I agree with PPs that if you center it, the string will look better. 

They might try and bully you about the fact that you took the dress home- which in their eyes means you consent and agree to what was done. But don't let them! They've obviously messed up and they need to make it better. I'd threaten to post all over the review sites about how awful they did. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards