June 2012 Weddings

WHEN TO DO THINGS???

Does anyone have any timeframes that are apporpriate for booking or meeting with specific vendors?? What's too early or too late to do this??
I am afraid I will wait too long and not be able to take advantage of the longer engagement we have.
Any thoughts???
Thanks!!!
Pregnancy Ticker I've finally married my BEST FRIEND :-) Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WHEN TO DO THINGS???

• If you live in a popular area the sooner the better. I have found a werid mix of the earlier the better in Philly and omg you are too early.

For example we had decided on our venue, but its super popular and books up fast! So we went to look they had the weekend we wanted open (was going to be memorial day cause we have some military and figured it would be easier for them to get off), we scheduled another appointment the next week so our moms could come look. In that week our date was gone as was that entire weekend. We actually got the last Saturday available in June. However I just started contacting videographers and the one i reallly wanted wont book until a year out! So it never hurts to figure out what you want now and book it.

I prioritized things and am booking them in that order. Ceremony/Reception Venue, Photographer, videographer, DJ and ceremony musicians, florists, MUA/Hair. I know who i want for videography but he wont let us book until June 2011 so I am moving on and will come back. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • It really depends on the venues you look at, but I would get started soon.  We already booked the venue, the photographer, and the DJ.  Some places that we looked out said we are very early and they do not have a single booking for 2012, while others had some bookings for 2013 already.  Actually, the place that we booked for our reception and ceremony had most of 2012 booked.  We had to go to our second choice date to pick a date, so it really depends on what you are looking for.  Plus the sooner you decide to book the more time you have to spread out your payments.  We have a very long payment plan with our photographer so we are only spending a little amount of money every three months instead of a bunch of money at the end.  Like everyone else says it's never too early to start so that way you can take your time with making decisions so you don't have to panic and book something you really don't want, or wait too long and then you don't have a choice.  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that you need to get your venue first and then worry about the rest...it can come later. But you really can get great deals because you are so far out!!! Good for all of us July 2012 brides!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like everyone said it depends on where you are- the most imporant things for me where venue, church, photographer and DJ. We booked the venue in June, and the photographer in September. The church won't let me book until a year out (which makes me paranoid) and we're looking to book the DJ in March of next year.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My new projected wedding date is June 23, 2012 and I've been visiting venues and contacting venders so I can create an accurate budget. I would ask the venue/vendors how soon they suggest booking. I've googled "wedding timeline checklist" to get a general idea of when I should have everything ready to go, but that does depend on the specific vendor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would begin with booking the ceremony and church. Those seem to get book quickly. Everything else would just fall into place, however, booking different aspects of the wedding earlier is best. In my experience booking earlier, will help lower the price. Good luck :o)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is June 30th, 2012 and I already have my dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and the reception site. :)

I have terrible anxiety so getting things done early and slowly is the best bet for me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5578d556-963e-425e-9757-e7a19ea83488Post:0b39e6b9-5a6a-4fb1-9fed-50a8ac8cacfa">Re: WHEN TO DO THINGS???</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is June 30th, 2012 and I already have my dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and the reception site. :) I have terrible anxiety so getting things done early and slowly is the best bet for me!
    Posted by Fluff27[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I even have a wedding planning book to keep everything organized lol.
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow.. THank you all so very much, you've helped so much!!!  I am a little less anxious now that i've seen what you all have done so far.. I am set with Church and reception venue... just had a visit with a photog and hoping to go with her as she has the date available, but an nervous about commiting to vendors as I feel like I may be "missing out" on someone better... We are now goign to move on to the DJ  and florist.
    THank you guys so much again for your insight!
    Pregnancy Ticker I've finally married my BEST FRIEND :-) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards