June 2012 Weddings

Guest list problems

I am hoping to book our reception sometime soon, so I have been trying to come up with an estimated guest count. However, I'm having some problems. Let me explain...

My mom and I made a list of the family and friends we want to invite for our side, but I can't seem to get what I need for my fiancee's side of the family. A couple of months ago, I asked him to have both of his parents (who are divorced) make a list of the family and friends they wanted at the wedding. His mom got the list to us within a few weeks, but I am still waiting for the one from his dad. He will not make this list no matter how many times my fiancee reminds him.

I understand that he is a busy man, but I don't feel that my request is unreasonable... even with the wedding still 19 months away. In fact, my fiancee's cousin even started the list for him. All he needs to do is add anyone he wants who is not already listed (such as colleagues and friends). I am feeling uncomfortable with the idea of talking to him about it because I do not want to seem pushy. However, every time my fiancee reminds him, he wants us to simply "add 25 or 30 people" and be done with it.

Any ideas for what I can do or say to convince him I need his guest list???

Re: Guest list problems

• If you can't get FFIL to do the list then have FI make a list of his dad's side of family and be done with it. If friends and colleagues don't get invited that is FFIL fault. Unless FFIL is paying for the wedding then you can't do it this way.
  • I had the same problem. After several attempts of asking my FFIL to make a guest list, I decided to have my FI make a list for him. He included everyone he thought his father would invite. After he wrote the list, we took it to my FFIL's house and asked him if he would like to take out or add anyone to the list. The issue was resolved right then and there. I hope this helped :) Good luck!!!!
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice. I guess I just have to be patient :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards