Washington-Seattle

Catering Question

Hi guys! We're starting to look into caterers and I have three I'm interested in. Looking for some feedback:

A Platinum Event
Herban Feast
Tom Douglas

Maybe Lisa Dupar.

Thanks in advance! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering Question

• I know some girls are all about Herban Feast, and I wanted to be one of them. I tasted their food in 3 different wedding shows, and didn't like it at any of them, my fiance didn't either. It was quite bland to be honest, and I was expecting that they'd be showing their best, given that they're trying to get business. Their venue, however, looks absolutely beautiful in pictures.

A Platinum Event is one that we considered, as well as Lisa Dupar. Both of their foods were GREAT when I had them at a wedding show. Lisa Dupar was a bit pricey (but the food is FANCY!), but their reps were super helpful and friendly, and the contract/price quote were extremely detailed. They seem to really have their stuff together. We chose someone else because we liked the food options a bit better, and the price was lower.

Tom Douglas knows how to make food, the man is a master. We were going to visit their venue downtown, but due to the snows in January, we kept having to reschedule, and in the meantime we found a venue we fell in love with. So we never got to see. It's too bad really. No idea on their pricing.
  • Thanks for all the great info! 

I thought I was really set on Herban Feast, but through all the good reviews, I saw some that stuck out to me and I just got this uneasy feeling. So it's helpful to hear you actually tasted their food. They have open house tastings, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to go check them out.

I know Lisa Dupar is pricy, but the food is so creative - I love that! We love to eat at her restaurant nearby. It's delicious. So I know I'd love the food! 

I've heard A Platinum Event has great food, but for some reason the thought of a smaller company makes me a little nervous. I feel like with a big company, no matter what happens, all bases will be covered. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_catering-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0f0af5e7-9eca-42d4-89c5-593fef46de67Post:56a42e28-e5dc-4802-9b85-2844a996d3ce">Re: Catering Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I've heard A Platinum Event has great food, but for some reason the thought of a smaller company makes me a little nervous. I feel like with a big company, no matter what happens, all bases will be covered. 
    Posted by kcbee[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wasn't aware that A Platinum Events was a small company. My impression is that they do quite a bit of events, but they're only a caterer, and don't have a restaurant, so you're not aware of them like the others? I attended a work event that was catered by A Platinum Events (at Delille Cellars), and the food was great, so was the service.</div><div>
    </div><div>I LOVE pomegranate bistro. I'm disappointed I can't have/afford a week worth of wedding receptions so I could have catering from all my favorite places in the Seattle area :)

</div>
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_catering-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0f0af5e7-9eca-42d4-89c5-593fef46de67Post:7014daaf-8f15-471f-be5b-977a3908f9c3">Re: Catering Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Catering Question : I wasn't aware that A Platinum Events was a small company. My impression is that they do quite a bit of events, but they're only a caterer, and don't have a restaurant, so you're not aware of them like the others? I attended a work event that was catered by A Platinum Events (at Delille Cellars), and the food was great, so was the service. I LOVE pomegranate bistro. I'm disappointed I can't have/afford a week worth of wedding receptions so I could have catering from all my favorite places in the Seattle area :)
    Posted by doublenn[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh ok - thanks for that. Somewhere I picked up that impression, but I could be totally wrong! I'm definitely going to look into them as I heard the food was fantastic and the prices are pretty good. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>P.S. our wedding is at DeLille! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_catering-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0f0af5e7-9eca-42d4-89c5-593fef46de67Post:897e1f79-2d03-4d29-9878-42b2d55cc96a">Catering Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys! We're starting to look into caterers and I have three I'm interested in. Looking for some feedback: A Platinum Event Herban Feast Tom Douglas Maybe Lisa Dupar. Thanks in advance! :)
    Posted by kcbee[/QUOTE]

<div>We used A Platinum Event for our wedding July 2011. Our options were them, Lisa Dupar (kinda pricey), and Sea Star Catering (good food). Over all Kari and Michael at A Platinum Event were wonderful! Getting in contact with them was my only so-so issue, but the few months prior and the day of, they were fabulous. Kari made sure every food and table detail were perfect. Our guests still talk about the coconut shrimp!!! </div><div>Happy Planning!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards