June 2012 Weddings

For those of you having hors d'oeuvres...

How many pieces per person are you assuming will be eaten?

We have 4 different types of hors d'oeuvres and I'm trying to figure out how many dozen to order.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: For those of you having hors d'oeuvres...

• We are assuming 2-3 of each hor d'ouevre per person.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's a good question.  Ours is just a set price based on the number of people but I think you're safe to assume anywhere from 2-5 pieces per person depending on what is being served.
  • Umm...I think we're doing 200 pieces of each for each of the 3. We're having around 180 guests (unless everyone decides to come - which it's feeling like they might). We might bump it up to 250 of each.
  • Thanks Ladies - this is helpful!
  • If they're provided through your caterer, ask them what they recommend.  Also, it depends on if they're being passed by waiters or if they'll be sitting out at a table.  Order more if they'll be sitting out, free for the taking (people tend to take more when there's a seemingly unlimited quantity sitting on a table).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-of-you-having-hors-doeuvres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5dd8e34e-2ef4-465a-8a99-629a05b87bbbPost:23ac5ae8-4442-4b46-b981-a3f70dbc068b">Re: For those of you having hors d'oeuvres...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are assuming 2-3 of each hor d'ouevre per person.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

This is what I would assume.  We having our hors d'oeuvres passed.  Not really sure how the caterer came up with the count, we just told her the number of guests attending.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They are butler passed for us.  Our venue coordinator said 2-3, but I do wonder if a lot of people will take one of each type (there are 4 different kinds).  I like having a variety of opinions :)
  • sadly my venue only does one pieces per person per hors d'oeuvre.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm assuming these are being passed around during the cocktail hour? I think it might depend on how long it is until dinner.
  • We have a veggie station along with 4 different types of passed, with a total of 9 pcs per person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Mine will be passed around during cocktail hour and I'm hoping it's only 2-3 pieces per person. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards