June 2012 Weddings
Options

RSVP What the heck!?

Invites went out this week! Yay!! I've been getting RSVPs back! Yay! But.. I'm completely at a loss on this one. My FI's grandma sent hers back with four other names written on the card (along with hers) and put the number of attending as 5. The invite was for her and her only, and I have no idea who the other people listed on the card are. 

What the heck!?! Who does this?! His parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner, but my parents are footing the bill for the wedding (so nice of them). We invited 160 people, the complete amount the chapel holds. 

Who does this!? 
image Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP What the heck!?

• Options
    whoa... well, I'd say FI needs to give Grandma a call to figure out who these people are. And if it was me I would probably tell Grandma that the seating is limited and her friends(?) can come  IF some other four people turn the invitation down. I guess that means B listing the four. make sure you're still polite about this one, though :) you know how grandma's can be :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Who are these people? I cannot imagine my grandmothers just tacking on some extra people, that's just bizarre. Time to call up Grandma and say the unfortunately you are unable to accommodate her extra guests. 
  • Options
    have him talk with his grandmother, he knows her best.  because if there is no more space, there's no more space. 
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It might be best if you talk with your inlaws about who these people are before you get in contact with grandma. See if they are friends, relatives, etc, and how important they are to grandma. For any other guest, I'd say call up and tell them the invite was only for her- but you might want to do something different for FI's grandma. 

If you're willing to let them come as long as 4 other people RVSP no, I would just wait to see if you get 4 no's back. If you don't want to invite them regardless of who else is or isn't coming, I'd have FI call her and say you're at capacity for the chapel. 
  • Options
    I'd tell her you can't host them because of the capacity of the room. She shouldn't have added 4 people
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-what-the-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:60c1ccce-bbf8-4fbd-8902-e6ce373b4b8cPost:be077f0a-3934-47c3-a0e5-e0a0be0e6a47">Re: RSVP What the heck!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]whoa... well, <strong>I'd say FI needs to give Grandma a call to figure out who these people are. And if it was me I would probably tell Grandma that the seating is limited </strong>and her friends(?) can come  IF some other four people turn the invitation down. I guess that means B listing the four. make sure you're still polite about this one, though :) you know how grandma's can be :)
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]
    agree with this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-what-the-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:60c1ccce-bbf8-4fbd-8902-e6ce373b4b8cPost:be077f0a-3934-47c3-a0e5-e0a0be0e6a47">Re: RSVP What the heck!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]whoa... well, I'd say FI needs to give Grandma a call to figure out who these people are. And if it was me I would probably tell Grandma that the seating is limited
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
  • Options
    We invited my fiance's sister and her boyfriend. She doesn't want to bring her boyfriend so she's bringing someone else and will let us know who...sigh. I'm giving up at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards