June 2012 Weddings
Options

Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?

The board is dead today...

So, help me out. I think I want to do four signature drinks with the theme of Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Any suggestions for any/all of the categories?

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?

• Options
    For something new do you or Fi have your own drink you created and love?

I'll think on the others for a few and be back!
  • Options
    I agree that the board is really dead today.

So the only one I can give a suggestion on is the something blue. You could make a drink with blue curacao in it. Here is a link with a bunch of recipes for it.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/2416/
  • Options
    Off the top of my head I have nothing but I think that's a great idea... I'll try to think of some on my way to class.

Until then, here are partial ideas:
    Something old: older wine or something old school.
    Something new: a popular drink that you recently discovered
    Something blue:  Oh geez... I can think of so many blue drinks but not what any of them are called right now.
  • Options
    blue hurricane?

I love the old wine suggestion for something old
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My dear friend did that for her May 2010 wedding.

If you cant read it:
    Something Old: Manhattan

Something Borrowed: Screwdriver

Something New: French Martini

Something Blue: Electric Lemonade (with blue Curaçaos)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:685f26a4-8d47-4dc6-9575-760b77d9ca10">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this could be your something new. It was something I used to drink all the time. Malibu Mango Any lemon lime soda Orange Wedge Mixed all together it tastes just like a capri sun. Edit - I meant borrowed instead of new.
    Posted by gregamywedding[/QUOTE]

this sounds really yummy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:4aa1b3f6-af2a-40f0-b039-b3d2850a3f10">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about these? Something Old Gin and Tonic- One part Gin mixed with two parts tonic water, Garnished with a wedge of lime.     Something New Champagne Rita- One part Tequila, one part Triple Sec, Mixed with one part Limeade and served with two parts Champagne     Something Borrowed Italian Wedding Cake Martini- One part Vanilla Vodka, one part Cream de Cacao, Shaken with pineapple juice and topped with an olive.     Something Blue Blue Lagoon - One part Vodka, one part Blue Curacao, Filled with Lemonade and topped with a cherry  
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

Those sound really good. I really like the champagne rita. I want to try that. Do you have an exact recipe for it?
  • Options

this is a great idea but I don't have any suggestions. I will think of some.....

• Options
    I was just coming to post the same site Amy did, it has a ton of drinks on it.
  • Options
    The posts are all out of order =(

I was thinking of doing a different liquor in each one (like one with vodka, one rum, one tequila, etc), and then something with the Blue Curacao for the "something blue".

For "old" I was thinking maybe Gin & Tonic or Whisky Sour, since they both seem like old man drinks to me (even though I'm a Gin & Tonic girl).

"New" and "Borrowed" seem like they'll be the hardest.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    For something blue, FI has this pistachio drink that he loves. It does taste just like pistachios. If you like that, it has blue curacao, bailey's, amaretto, and I might be forgetting something but that's all I can remember.

For something old I agree with an old bottle of wine, or maybe your parents or grandparents have an old drink recipe they love(d).

For something new, maybe something new that you love? This popped into my head:
    Tootsie Roll (shot)
    1 part Kahlua
    1 part orange juice

You could also make your own for this!

Something borrowed could be a close friend's favorite recipe.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:41cfec2c-992c-4f3e-8de8-4940a8748fca">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For something blue, FI has this pistachio drink that he loves. It does taste just like pistachios. If you like that, it has blue curacao, bailey's, amaretto, and I might be forgetting something but that's all I can remember. For something old I agree with an old bottle of wine, or maybe your parents or grandparents have an old drink recipe they love(d). For something new, maybe something new that you love? This popped into my head: Tootsie Roll (shot) 1 part Kahlua 1 part orange juice You could also make your own for this! <strong>Something borrowed could be a close friend's favorite recipe.
    </strong>Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea. I was having a hard time coming up with something borrowed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:41cfec2c-992c-4f3e-8de8-4940a8748fca">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]: Tootsie Roll (shot) 1 part Kahlua 1 part orange juice You could also make your own for this! Something borrowed could be a close friend's favorite recipe.
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

The shot sounds fun, but we can't do shots (so lame)

Also, there is a bunch of wine and wine service for dinner, so I'd rather do a drink with liquor. We have an open bar, might as well make the most of it (minus shots).
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this could be your something new. It was something I used to drink all the time.

Malibu Mango
    Any lemon lime soda
    Orange Wedge

Mixed all together it tastes just like a capri sun.

Edit - I meant borrowed instead of new.
  • Options
    Something new: something that you or Fi have "created" and like to drink

Something old: I like your idea of the old school gin and tonic, I feel like that's been around for a long time.

Something blue: anything with Blue Curacao

Something borrowed: do either of you know someone else with a signature drink that they love that you could "borrow" the recipe for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you see my post? It's not showing up for some reason!

ETA: They're just all out of order again. NM.
  • Options
    kelsey, your friend did a great job coming up with some fun drinks
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:af80a4e5-9d84-4103-a74d-7bd9ea1bbe62">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue? : this sounds really yummy!
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

Oh it is very yummy but very dangerous. You can't taste any alcohol in it, so you just suck them down really fast.
  • Options
    Electric lemonade is very yummy!  I would vote for that :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_signature-drink-old-new-borrowed-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:629fe007-307a-467c-b828-de090e1400bePost:fa07d8a1-caf1-4f6e-911d-1087b69ef333">Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signature Drink Help- Old? New? Borrowed? Blue? : Oh it is very yummy but very dangerous. You can't taste any alcohol in it, so you just suck them down really fast.
    Posted by gregamywedding[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea...everyone was wasted at that wedding. :)</div>
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, maybe you can "borrow" someone else's favorite drink.
    For new I would pick something really trendy or new. A cocktail that isn't a basic. That way it would contrast with your 'Old' which is a good old gin and tonic. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How about these?

Something Old
    Gin and Tonic- One part Gin mixed with two parts tonic water,Garnished with a wedge of lime.
      Something New
    Champagne Rita- One part Tequila, one part Triple Sec,Mixed with one part Limeade and served with two parts Champagne  
    Something Borrowed
    Italian Wedding Cake Martini- One part Vanilla Vodka, one part Cream de Cacao,Shaken with pineapple juice and topped with an olive.  
    Something BlueBlue Lagoon - One part Vodka, one part Blue Curacao,Filled with Lemonade and topped with a cherry 
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tara my mouth is watering to be drinking your alcohol!  That list looks awesome to me.
  • Options
    Tara your choices sound awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards