June 2012 Weddings
Options

RSVP wtf?

So thought I would share... got an rsvp in the mail today without a NAME on it! Just an X next to unable to attend & no address label on the outside. Really... I'm suppose to be psychic too?

Re: RSVP wtf?

• Options
    gotta love people! this is exactly why I numbered the back of mine!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: RSVP wtf?:
    not only did this happen to me, but I also had an RSVP returned with no name AND no reply whether or not they are coming. All they did was stick it in the envelope and drop it in the mail! I guess we will be making some phone calls.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:63831bdb-a42d-47b8-b616-03aef7a8c04cPost:632a6a21-52d6-425a-aec8-75909c2bf321">Re: RSVP wtf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]gotta love people! this is exactly why I numbered the back of mine!
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Plus FI and I wrote in the names of the guests.  We did this because we wanted to know the names of our +1 and we figured people would more likely write them in if we wrote "Tom Jones and _______"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:63831bdb-a42d-47b8-b616-03aef7a8c04cPost:632a6a21-52d6-425a-aec8-75909c2bf321">Re: RSVP wtf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]gotta love people! this is exactly why I numbered the back of mine!
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

<div>Us too. We've gotten a few back with no names and the numbers on the back are so much help!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I numbered the back of mine for this exact reason even though everyone thought I was crazy!  Although we haven't had this situation, it's actually been very helpful.  We have a few guests with the same name (men who named their son after them), and for the ones I got back most recently they each wrote Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, therefore I would have had no idea which couple was responding if not for the number.

Can you see where the envelope was postmarked?  Sometimes the city is very clear, and that might help narrow it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:63831bdb-a42d-47b8-b616-03aef7a8c04cPost:41428ba2-48ab-404d-95fa-2f9516d4a169">Re: RSVP wtf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I numbered the back of mine for this exact reason even though everyone thought I was crazy!  Although we haven't had this situation, it's actually been very helpful.  We have a few guests with the same name (men who named their son after them), and for the ones I got back most recently<strong> they each wrote Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, therefore I would have had no idea which couple was responding</strong> if not for the number. Can you see where the envelope was postmarked?  Sometimes the city is very clear, and that might help narrow it down.
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]

This happened to me but luckily one lives here in Vermont and the other lives in California so I was able to tell by the postmark city.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did a light number in pencil on the back of mine. But everyone wrote their names in. I only have to ask one girl who her plus one is. But I did have a work friend of FI's list her husbands name as "Shorty" on the RSVP. Um so now I have to put "Shorty and Jane Doe" on the seating chart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    I had 2 come back with no name. One was from my florist, who is a good friend of mine (but she did write her name on the return address). And the other one was from my parents, lol. Fortunately, I did have numbers on the back (thanks to someone's advice on TK!).

And I had one lady return hers with her name and then she put an X next to her name, instead of next to "accept" or "decline." I'm assuming she's coming - she's FI's aunt and neighbor :)-
  • Options
    I had something like this happen to me, if you ladies remember I forgot to put the stamps on the reply cards and had a serious meltdown about it but not much I could do about it. So a few days later we have a reply card in our mailbox, with no stamp or anything so someone put it there. They put an X in a green pen where the stamp goes and taped the envelop. We opened it and it was completely blank! We wrote in that we had reserved 2 seats for them and so forth but they didn't put a name of if they were coming or anything. It had to be someone who lives near by but we have no idea who!
  • Options
    I have gotten so many like that! And then when I ask if they are coming or not they got all put out bc 'they had send theirs in'.

• Options
    Where I have "Names of guests________"  My MOH put "just the 4 of us".  Good thing I numbered the backs of the cards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards