June 2012 Weddings

Hello? Is anyone out there?

My guess is probably no, haha. June 2012 is quite a ways off and I know I am having a rather long engagement, so it makes sense. I'm sure more people will show up here once it gets closer to 2012 or even just into 2011. If there are any other June 2012 brides out there now, feel free to post and we can chat! :D
Wedding Countdown Ticker

December 2010 Signature Challenge image
Bouquet Inspiration

Re: Hello? Is anyone out there?

• Hi Cassandra, I'm here!  It's funny that you just posted this, I have never been on this forum!

I'm Jackie and my FI and I have been together for over 4 years and am getting married sometime over the summer of 2012.  We haven't set a date yet.  He is an elementary school teacher and I am in school for nursing- hence our long engagement.

We don't have any wedding plans at all yet, but we are thinking about something a little less conventional.  There are a bunch of really gaudy venues around us.  So I have to come up with plan B.

Hope your planning and schooling goes well!  Your theme sounds great!
  • Hey Jackie! :) I guess I'm not the only Summer 2012 bride out there, haha! This board is fairly new and when I noticed it, I decided to post on a whim.

You mentioned that you wanted something a little less conventional... Have you checked out www.offbeatbride.com yet? They have tons of ideas for non-conventional weddings!

And thank you! Good luck with your planning and schooling as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Bouquet Inspiration
  • Great suggestion!  I havem't checked it out yet, but definitely will!  I think that once I figure out the venue, the rest will be easy!

Good luck with everything and keep me posted!
  • Hi Cassandra and Jackie! Sofia here! Summer bride? Not quite bride....since DH and I are renewing vows in 2012...what would that make me? renewed bride? I dunno! It's nice to know that I am not the only one looking into planning our weddings (for you girls) and renewals (for moi) so far ahead of time!!
  • I live in Portland, OR...and you?
  • Just outside of Philadelphia. 
  • I'm from Phoenix, AZ but I'm currently living and going to school in Flagstaff, AZ.

@fridaybyrd: I love Oregon! I have a bunch of family who lives in Seaside and have been there several times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Bouquet Inspiration
  • Love going to Seaside & Cannon Beach!!
  • Have you girls started planning yet? Or getting ideas on what you want for your wedding?
  • Hi, I'm gonna be june 16 1012 .. i'm a student also St. John's. I think a long engagement is good and give plenty of time for planning without too much stress .. After posting on a few boards you can tell that some people with their weddings getting really close are nothing but bitchy.. dont listen to any rude comments.. its not worth getting upset about

• Keep your head up!  I think people feel entitled to act that way since we aren't communicating face to face.  No planning for me yet.  I am still trying to figure out options for an unconventional venue without it getting too expensive.  If any of you have any tips, please let me know!
  • Hi Ladies! My name is Kelly, and my FI and I are planning a Summer 2012 wedding. Not positive on the month or date just yet. We've been together two years and got engaged on February 6th (three days shy of our two year anniversary). FI lives in Chicago and I live in a neighboring city, so we are debating on where to get married.

I'm loving the long engagement because I'll have tons of time to do my research and find all of the vendors that I want. I'm trying not to get too carried away planning just yet, but it is so hard!

Anyway, looking forward to talking and planning with you ladies! Two years seems so far away, but it'll be here before we know it!
  • Hello everyone! I know I was the one who started this thread, but my fiance and I have decided against June 2012. Instead, we are going to get married this December 2010. We sat down and talked about it and realized a long engagement just wasn't for us; the main reason we were waiting so long was because that's what my parents wanted. We talked it over with my parents and his parents (who were married right our of college) and decided on December 2010.

I just wanted to tell you girls good luck with your planning and I wish you all the best! :) Hope to see you around the forums!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Bouquet Inspiration
  • Amanda, I'm getting married the same day! Let's hope for sunshine =)
  • law_macklaw_mack member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Hi, after much discussion we have decided to get married on 6/6/2012. We are planning a Destination Wedding.
  • Hi I am a june 9,2012 bride
  • getting married in nj, anyone find a good venue? im looking for the perfect one, and cant find one yet, any suggestions?
  • hi my name is shonna and my FI and i have only been together for a short time but we have set the date to june 23 ,2012 ....we picked out colors...turquoise and chocolate...we picked out favors lol.....do any of you think we are planning just a little to fast?
  • June 2nd, 2012!! :)
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shonna- where in nj are u getting married? and i dont think your planning too soon, your excited, its a good thing =]
  • Hi!!! I am a June 24, 2012 bride! yay! I am so glad there are others out there, I was getting tired of explaining to people why we were waiting. Hope the planning is going well for you!
  • You are not alone. I don't think the engagement is going to end up being that long because time really is flying. Glad I'm not alone though.
  • YAY!  I'm happy to see other June2012 brides!  I thought I was the only one with a really long engagement!  Congrats to all of you ladies.  I'm new to the knot, just downloaded the guestlist spreadsheet.  Does anyone know what "A/B" stands for??  There's a column that says "A/B" and I can't figure it out.  Also what are all the abbreviations for?  I see "FI" and I'm assuming that means Fiance, but is there a place to decode all this language?  I'm so lost!  LOL

Hugs to you all!  Happy planning!
  • I'm June 24, 2012 !!!!
    Or at least that's what I'm hoping for ... we haven't put a deposit down yet, but we hopefully will be doing that in early July to save our date.
  • Hi! I'm new to the knot... My fiance and I are getting married 6/16/12 in Central PA.  He lives out there now and I'm going to grad school in Tucson.  Hopefully he can move out here soon!  We've been dating for 4 years and decided on a long engagement, because we weren't sure how long it would take for him to get a job out here and also to save money since we're paying on our own. 

I've got a decent amount of planning done!  I'm really excited! lol The chapel, reception venue, and photographer are all booked.  Our colors are blue and silver with a pink accent.  I've always loved the cinderella/fairytale story, so our theme will be that.  I found silver silohette coaches online and clear slippers for favors too! and a great topper to match the theme!! :) I'd rather do a lot now and then later not have to stress about all the small things, b/c they'll already be taken care of!
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello Ladies! Smile Im not engaged yet but i'm hoping to get my ring some time this year. I've been talking about getting married June 9, 2012! Its between San Diego, CA or Las Vegas, NV. Cant wait to get to know you ladies a little better!
  • Hi everyone!
    I'm Nikki and recently engaged!!! We got engaged on our anniversary June 2nd, and we have decided to have the wedding on June 2nd 2012. I am glad that I am not the only one waiting 2 years for the wedding! Congrats to everyone!!
  • Hi There Fellow Future Planners :)

Newly engaged as of 5/15/10 and tentatively planning a 6/16/12 wedding. Anxious to marry my best friend, my lover, my soulmate however we also have 1800 miles between us at this point that we plan to close in before our big day. 

Ygyurko- as a matter of fact he lives in Tucson , I will be relocating there summer of 2011. We plan to wed in our hometown of Chicago (area). We have known each other since middle school - dated at 12 yrs old. 

My goal is to plan as much as possible early on so I am not guilty of the BRIDEZILLA syndrome. 

Looking forward to following you all on this "journey"

Cheers!
  • Hello everyone!
    My FI and I are planning on June 16 2012.. it will be our 6th year anniversary that day.. so in the future we can say... we have been together for 7 years and married for 1 year.
  • Hi Brides to be! I'm here, our wedding date is June 30th, 2012.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards