June 2012 Weddings

Sweetheart Table Decor

We didn't plan on doing a sweetheart table; but FI and I forgot to include ourselves when figuring out the seating.. so it was easier to just add a little table for the 2 of us. I am having a hard time figuring out how to decorate it. It will be a little bistro table so I don't want to cover it with a table cloth. I wanted to maybe have a little banner.. like "Just Married" or " Mr. & Mrs." but I am afraid you won't be able to see it. The rest of the tables have burlap and birch vases.. but I don't feel I have to have these at our table.

I just wanted to see what others were doing :)

Re: Sweetheart Table Decor

• Your florist should be able to help you reuse your boquet for the table setting. I think You could probably put mr. and mrs. burlap flags on the back of your chairs and you could probably put a burlap runner on your table as well. Plus you will have your Champagne flutes and place settings too! Maybe some votives as well.

I'm sure some of the other girls will have some ideas too!
  • We're going to have a linen on our table that matches the cake table and the only decoration is going my be my bouquet. There's going to be a small mercury glass vase that I can set my bouquet. I also think there might be some small votive candles, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm also going to make a 'Mr." and 'Mrs.' sign for the backs of our chairs.
  • The only decoration we're having is my bouquet, and my florist suggested that.  Between the plates, glasses, and flutes, there really isn't much room for anything else.  Chair signs would definitely be nice addition though, cute idea.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I don't really have a florist.. we are buying our flowers in bulk.
    I was going to put my bouquet in the memorial vase and I am not sure I want to put that on the table. I was thinking more near the guest book. The dinner is buffet style so no real place settings other than napkins. The flutes would be nice and I do have an extra birch vase I could use.

Kelsey what is your inspiration for the Mr. and Mrs. signs for the back.. I have looked at some but I can't find any I love. I thought of moss letters but not 100% on that yet either.

Just wanted to gather ideas.. not a lot of "inspiration" photos for sweetheart tables online.
  • edited February 2012
    I actually don't have my original inspiration photo. It was saved on my computer (pre-pinterest) and when my computer died, I couldn't recover it....I need to get on finding a new inspiration picture! I'll let you know when I find one.

I did see this one that might go well with your birch bark vases:

ETA: FOUND IT!!! :)
    I'm going to do Mr. and Mrs. instead of Bride and Groom. The border actually mimics our invitations which is funny because I originally found this picture YEARS ago, and I just decided on that invitation design a week ago.
  • We are doing our table the same as all the other ones. even though it will be smaller. White tablecloth, fuchsia runner and a vase for my bouquet. Nothing special. I like it when things match. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours will have the WP bouquets and some candles with a very cute and vintage flatware set. I love it. Here's our inspiration...

The centerpiece is also a bit taller with feathers and flowers; very pretty :)
    Vacation White Knot
  • L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My mom is making an arrangement for the altar that will be used as our centerpiece. FI is allergic to flowers, so this way real flowers (like our guest table centerpieces) won't bother him. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with my bouquet yet; depending on the number of tables (we have a limited number of centerpieces because they're also being used to line the aisle), it might end up being a centerpice on the parents' table.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We are having a table with the whole bridal party (forget the name for it), we will just be having vases for everyon'e bouquets on the table and most likely some decoration for the back of our chair like bride and groom or Mr. and Mrs. or we may do a bow with some lavender sprigs, haven't really thought about it and decided yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • I'm using my bouquet and a few candles on the table as our decorations for the sweetheart table.  My FI is also making signs for our chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards