June 2012 Weddings

Help Finding Plus-Sized MOB Dress?

I'm going to post this on the plus-size board too, but I feel more at home here so I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions.  My mother is about a size 22 and is having a lot of difficulty finding a dress that she feels comfortable in for the wedding.  Did any of you encounter a similar problem - where did your mothers get their dresses?

We went to David's Bridal last night and they had one that she liked but the biggest size in-store was an 18 and so she could barely get it on & didn't want to come out to look in the mirror.  We can order it online, however they have a VERY strict return policy so it makes me a little wary. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help Finding Plus-Sized MOB Dress?

• FMIL had the same problem. We went to Macy's and Nordstorms (which both had a limited selection) but she ended up finding her dress at dress barn.
  • Amsale bridesmaid dresses go up to a size 26 and I'm sure there is one on there that she would like...they have so many!!
  • We went to a large boutique and she found a dress there; the MOB/G dresses there started at size 10 and went to size 30 to try on for fit and style. My mom was super picky (she's a size 18) so I was shocked she found something in just one outing!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My mother is a size 20 and she got her's at David's-she bought it off the rack.

She also shopped at Lord & Taylor, Macy's, and JCPenny. But none of them really had a good selection.
  • Try Dillards. Maybe she can do a skirt with a blouse. My mom is short and was having problems finding something. So she decided to make her own. Can your mom do that?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My mom got hers from DB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Mother is also an 18/20 and she ended up getting her dress at Dress Barn. My aunt who is also plus size got a nice one from Catherine's.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My mom also got hers from David's Bridal.

Is there another one around that may have different sizes for her to try on?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_help-finding-plus-sized-mob-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:72fc9b01-4a9a-4c71-ab5f-351ef973c597Post:4b31eb3d-0b60-453d-91fa-d1ecd28674d1">Re: Help Finding Plus-Sized MOB Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom also got hers from David's Bridal. Is there another one around that may have different sizes for her to try on?
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

this is what my mom had to do. Between the DB where I live, the one back home where she lives, she was able to find the right size
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom found two she liked at Dillard's and Von Maur.  They have a good selection of sizes in-store and online with nice return policies.  Otherwise Dress Barn like PP suggested.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • My mom is a size 24 or 26 I think.  She wants to go to department stores to find a dress.
  • I'd check department stores and also Talbots, which has a great selection of plus-size dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards