July 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower

When should one's bridal shower be planned?  My wedding is July 14 and I have heard nothing about my bridal shower.  Who is suppose to throw it?  How do I find out without sounding rude?

Re: Bridal Shower

• Options
    Has someone offered to host one for you?

Anyone can throw one for you. Typical hosts might be: Moms, FMILs, BMs, FSILs, aunts, ect.

You don't really 'find out' without being rude. If no one has approached you about one, then no one is probably planning it. And, you can't throw your own.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I thought it was traditionally the maid of honor who threw it?  I know she mentioned it when I asked her to be my maid of honor, however nothing has been mentioned since.  I know my mom won't throw it and yes I knew I couldn't throw my own.  Thanks.
  • Options
    I should have included MOH in the list- I grouped her under Bridesmaids. Maybe she wanted to throw you one, but then decided she couldn't for some reason? I wouldn't bring it up to her.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I agree with mbody. If you haven't heard anything about it, 1) assume it's not happening, or 2) it's a surprise and you won't find out about it anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, this isn't something to poke around about. Either someone will throw you one, or they won't.  My cousins who I am very close with actually threw mine, it really can be anyone who wants to do so who you are close with - but it wouldn't be appropriate to ask anyone about it.  Mine ended up being a little earlier than 2 months just because summers are so busy for people's schedules, but 1-2 months is typically the norm.
  • Options
    My wedding is July 14th. My FSIL BM and MOH are planning to throw my shower. All I have given them was the names of people I would like invited and if I forgot anyone on FI side to fill them in. But I have no knowledge of what is going on other then where it is. Also the same day but in the evening is my bachelorette party that they are also hosting. Shower and bachelorette is on June 30th. FI bachelor party is July 7th. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    My wedding is July 14th. My FSIL BM and MOH are planning to throw my shower. All I have given them was the names of people I would like invited and if I forgot anyone on FI side to fill them in. But I have no knowledge of what is going on other then where it is. Also the same day but in the evening is my bachelorette party that they are also hosting. Shower and bachelorette is on June 30th. FI bachelor party is July 7th. 
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards