June 2012 Weddings
Options

Stressed! *Rant*

Everything that can go wrong always does for me! lol

I have two BMs, 1 jr BM, and 1 flower girl.  You would think with a small wedding party things would be simple, wrong!

My jr BM has ordered her dress. (yay!) Only 1 of my 2 BM has ordered her dress. On top of that, the BM's dress came in today and it was BLACK ( my colors are pink and white) Black isn't even remotely close to my colors. AND THEN, david's bridal told my BM that it would take 12 WEEKS for the dress to come in since aparently pink is not a popular color ( since when is pink not a popular color?) Thats like a week and a half or so before my wedding and the dress has to be altered.

I texted my other BM to tell her to PLEASE order her dress, and no answer....
My FG's mommy just had a baby yesterday, buying a dress is the last thing on their mind

I understand people need to save money and other things come up, but seriously i have been on these girls for about 6 weeks.... and everyone agreed on the price of the dress

.... i just want to go pick up MY dress and elope at this point!... lol
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Stressed! *Rant*

• Options
    Yeah, that's frustrating. I was super lax about my BMs ordering their dresses and all of them finally did last week. Really all you can do is tell them to order them by x date and if they don't, they've taken themselves out.

For the FG dress, you could take her shopping (with a budget from mom of course)! It also doesn't have to come from a bridal salon and therefore would be bought off the rack. (Think first communion dresses or any cute dress in your colors if you don't want white)

What is DB going to do about the color situation? That's their problem to fix in a timely manner. They need to do that for you.

Take a deep breath, it will all work out.
  • Options
    I agree with everything Jess said.

I am REALLY sorry you are having to deal with this :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know the feeling.....getting my FIL's to do anything is like herding cats.  I agree with everything Jess says as well.  Remember everything happens for a reason!!! (My mantra for this whole wedding....)

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

My BM called david's back and they said June 12 was the lastest the dress was going to be in and alterations were going to take 6-8 weeks. (omg!!) but to rush alterations it was a $50 fee!  Luckly my BM got that waived!   That is still cutting it really close for me and makes me super nervous. Not to mention they aren't going to be doing any favors for the BM that still hasn't order  :(
  • Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    ((hugs))

when is the wedding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with Midge. I know they do rush shipping. They should do that for you for no charge whatsoever. THat was their screw-up.
  • Options
    Ash--  wedding is June 23rd.

they def waived the fee for rush. My BM isn't worried about her dress getting ready in time, she says they think it will be. She's mostly worried about the other BM. And, of course, i'm worried about both!
  • Options
    I agree with Jess.  Also, a FG can get her dress at a department store like JCPenney or somewhere.  Easter and first communion dresses are out now and will be out for a  while so you could always just go with that route.
  • Options
    To echo what PPs said - take the FG shopping!!  She would probably love some "big girl" time.  Maybe you could go out for ice cream after?

WE got our FG dresses at Penny's.  Their Cinderella dresses are ADORABLE!  AND they come in cream and white....not sure what color you are looking for, though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I just purchased my bridesmaid's dresses (after getting their measurements) and had them pay me.  I hate having to depend/wait on people to get things done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DB really drops the ball I've noticed. My BM ordered her dress (size 6).. in a size 8! Then they expected her to pay for alterations ($75!). I asked why they ordered the wrong size, they said the dress is discontinued and that's the only size available. I was there when she ordered it -- I KNOW they didn't tell us that. So I went in and got the fees waived... but still. Grrr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards