June 2012 Weddings

under dress wear (TMI?)

Hi Ladies!!

I'm thinking about getting this (<--clicky) to wear under my dress. I want to be comfortable but also want something to slim my belly area. They only have it in a couple of sizes (which are not mine of course) so I can't just get it to try. Anyone else using this? or using something similiar?

Re: under dress wear (TMI?)

• The only thing I am wearing under my dress is underwear. I don't know if its a good thing or bad thing I don't need a bra.

When I did try on dresses with something similar to what you are looking at, I remember they ran really small and I didn't like how constricting it was.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2012
    I think those are uncomfortable. It's the boning that bothers me. I am strictly a Spanx girl, expensive but worth it! My dress shop recommended using Spanx and I have had them for years. I will actually be replacing mine for the wedding but even my worn out one took me in several inches on my waste when I got measured for my dress. My belly is my problem area too!
  • I'm not personally using that or anything similar (my dress basically has that built in)but I know others who have used similar things and thought it worked well.
  • My dress is backless, so I'm getting padded inserts.  If I could find along line bra that came down far enough in the back though, I think I would get it as my dress doesn't have boning or anything in the torso.

Does you dres have boning or a corset back?  You don't want to feel bulky either.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I had cups sewn into my dress so I'm only wearing panties as well
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_under-dress-wear-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7c196605-76b1-4016-bf32-91dac3bfd7eePost:543818b4-7103-4706-a001-3d40f08a8264">Re: under dress wear (TMI?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress is backless, so I'm getting padded inserts.  If I could find along line bra that came down far enough in the back though, I think I would get it as my dress doesn't have boning or anything in the torso. <strong>Does you dres have boning or a corset back?  You don't want to feel bulky either.
    </strong>Posted by browner3[/QUOTE]

my dress does already have boning in it. So that's a good point.. I'm sure it will feel bulkier.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_under-dress-wear-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7c196605-76b1-4016-bf32-91dac3bfd7eePost:4b5e124e-0a21-465b-841b-53686f7cb744">Re: under dress wear (TMI?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think those are uncomfortable. It's the boning that bothers me. I am strictly a Spanx girl, expensive but worth it! My dress shop recommended using Spanx and I have had them for years. I will actually be replacing mine for the wedding but even my worn out one took me in several inches on my waste when I got measured for my dress. My belly is my problem area too!
    Posted by bchbride062012[/QUOTE]

where can you find spanx?
  • I don't plan on it.. my slip and bra pretty much such up everything in there :)
    But if I was going to.. I would do Spanx
  • I bought one of those fore prom in high school and I didn't like it. It was really tight and I ended up wearing something else.

I'm just wearing a strapless bra with my dress

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought it and decided not to wear it for the wedding.  I did not like the bra portion, it wasn't enough push up for me, felt too low. I'm used to wearing VS push bras everday, but this did not feel the same.   I decided to wear a different VS strapless bra w/ no show bikini panties.  Also, I felt like it just swished my fat out the bottom, creating a bulge there instead.... of course that was just on me.  I'm sure it fits everyone different.  
    I have this (click) & do like it for belly slimming... although it is far from sexy looking.  But beware - you might not be able to get these off to use the bathroom if your dress has a corset back. (thats why I'm not wearing this either) :(
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_under-dress-wear-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7c196605-76b1-4016-bf32-91dac3bfd7eePost:ef0eda51-e9ae-419d-a1f3-33918d6832c0">Re: under dress wear (TMI?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: under dress wear (TMI?) : where can you find spanx?
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Most major departments stores sell them or just go to <a href="http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp" rel="nofollow">http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp</a>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_under-dress-wear-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7c196605-76b1-4016-bf32-91dac3bfd7eePost:7fce1223-b2bd-46c6-8588-a333a3fefc8d">Re: under dress wear (TMI?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought it and decided not to wear it for the wedding.  I did not like the bra portion, it wasn't enough push up for me, felt too low. I'm used to wearing VS push bras everday, but this did not feel the same.   I decided to wear a different VS strapless bra w/ no show bikini panties.  <strong>Also, I felt like it just swished my fat out the bottom, creating a bulge there instead....</strong> of course that was just on me.  I'm sure it fits everyone different.   I have this  (click)  & do like it for belly slimming... although it is far from sexy looking.  But beware - you might not be able to get these off to use the bathroom if your dress has a corset back. (thats why I'm not wearing this either) :(
    Posted by Cassandra999[/QUOTE]

This happened to me also

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought something similar from DB. The one I got seems to be longer than that one; it goes down to my panty line. I wore it to my uncle's wedding to try it out, and it was neither uncomfortable nor comfortable. It did a great job of tucking my tummy in (no real upside down muffin top) and it gave me lots of support.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Since you have boning already in your dress, I don't think a corset would work for you. Spanx is great, although the top part rolls down on me, so I find it uncomfortable to wear.
  • I am wearing spanx. No bra. I tried my dress with and without one and it looks better without the bra.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards