June 2012 Weddings
Options

Meeting favorite photographer on Monday...what should I know/ask?

We've looked at a few photographers and have gotten a list of packages from one so far.  I have been totally enamoured with one photographer for about a year now and I so, so, so want to work with her.  However, I'm going to try to play it cool when we meet on Monday.  Or is that a bad idea?

*sigh*

What do I need to know about meeting with a photographer? What should I ask? How did you go about picking one?

Re: Meeting favorite photographer on Monday...what should I know/ask?

• Options
    To answer your questions:
    1) When meeting a photographer it is a meeting to check out their portfolio as well as see if you and your FI agree with what the photographer does and if you have the same vision, ideas and basically just hit it off.

2) You should ask her any questions at all that you are unsure of.  Some good questions include (if you do not know yet) how much her packages are and what is included in them, is she within your budget and if not will she lower her prices to work with you (barder with her), if discs/DVDs are included how large of a picture could you print from them without losing quality, how many pictures she plans to give you (just the edited ones or every single picture she took), what she will do if her equipment fails, etc.  Basically just make sure you understand everything that she does and look at the contract to make sure everything you discuss is in it.

3) I went about picking my photographer by looking at my area board and seriously looking at every photographers website.  I also went to a few bridal shows and spoke with a few others that were not listed here.  I then picked my photographer by meeting with him (at a coffee shop) to see his portfolio, answer any other questions we had, and just talked to make sure we clicked and had the same vision going.  Also, he was really affordable for what he was giving us and plans to go above and beyond what his package states (we had it written in the contract).  Beyond that, he gave us $300 off since I spoke with him at a bridal show.
  • Options
    Ah, I've already seen her portfolio...she's extremely well connected in social media, which is why I'm comfortable with her.

I'm not good with haggling, though.  I hate the idea of bartering.
  • Options
    Don't think of it as bartering, more as simply asking to be more budget friendly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards