June 2012 Weddings
Options

RSVP Card: WWYD?

We have two menu options for dinner: chicken and pork. However our venue will accommodate any vegetarians/vegans/gluten free, etc without us having to "offer" those options on the menu (and pay an extra $5pp for the 3rd menu option) as long as these special meals account for less than 10% of the guest list-which would mean a maximum of 10 people requesting something special.

I can't decide whether to put a line/note on the RSVP card for people to mark any allergies/special dietary needs (And risk getting a bunch of things like "no onions" "I don't like garlic), or listing "chicken", "pork", "vegetarian" (and risk more than 10% of the guest list choosing the veggie option just because they don't like the sound of chicken or pork), OR just not listing anything at all and assuming anyone with a special diet will contact us.

There are three people I definitely know are vegetarians, I have no problem just calling or emailing them and letting them know about the "silent" veggie option. But there is a chance that there are others I don't know about.

Re: RSVP Card: WWYD?

• Options
    If you may have some vegitarians more than like five have it on the list.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have the same sort of situation. I have beef, chicken and fish listed on the RSVP card. If people are vegetarian, they'll let us know. I'm also going to put a note on our wedding website so hopefully people will check that out too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-card-wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8352d68a-1f41-42d0-8fbf-a6612e1500fcPost:7297f601-65b8-4b1e-ad80-e7735a053c1b">Re: RSVP Card: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have the same sort of situation. I have beef, chicken and fish listed on the RSVP card. If people are vegetarian, they'll let us know. I'm also going to put a note on our wedding website so hopefully people will check that out too. 
    Posted by Bejohnson5[/QUOTE]

This. I'm sure people will let you know if they have dietary restrictions.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-card-wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8352d68a-1f41-42d0-8fbf-a6612e1500fcPost:7297f601-65b8-4b1e-ad80-e7735a053c1b">Re: RSVP Card: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have the same sort of situation. I have beef, chicken and fish listed on the RSVP card. If people are vegetarian, they'll let us know. I'm also going to put a note on our wedding website so hopefully people will check that out too. 
    Posted by Bejohnson5[/QUOTE]
    This is what I'd do.  If you put a line in for special requests you're definitely going to open up a can of worms.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rsvp-card-wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8352d68a-1f41-42d0-8fbf-a6612e1500fcPost:cd79cb5b-d230-4c9f-90c9-b9f41540a193">Re: RSVP Card: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP Card: WWYD? : This is what I'd do.  If you put a line in for special requests you're definitely going to open up a can of worms.
    Posted by sleblanc72[/QUOTE]

I agree. I believe I know most of the people on our guest list that have dietary restrictions and I will be contacting them. I have also found that my friends that are gluten free/other dietary restrictions know how to handle these types of situations.  
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We also have vegatarien options that are not on the menu. If any of our guests request it they can do so when they call for their rsvp...
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted to just put the chicken and pork. I have a gluten allergy; personally I would be contacting you or the venue to see if their items are gluten free. As someone with dietary needs I don't expect people to offer them to me. I think if you list it; you will get someone with the "I don't like Onions" and etc. I would not want to hassle with this.
  • Options
    I think you should just put the two options and people will contact you if they are vegetarian or have other dietary needs.

I agree that putting a line or the other option will open up a whole different can of worms for people to put anything they prefer to not be on the plate but are not allergic to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    People that have dietary restrictions usually let you know by giving you a heads up.  No need to put it on the RSVP card. 

• Options
    I didn't vote.

I think you could put an option on there where they could mark it saying something about restrictions and that the guest will contact you.

I have allergies and asthma (not completely related) and I won't expect someone to kick their pets out and clean their house spotless so I cancome over. I will just make sure I am prepared with my medicine. I wouldn't want to be a hassle.

My MOH has food allergies, she wouldn't expect special treatment, she would bring food or make sure she ate before in case she couldn't eat stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards