June 2012 Weddings

BM Gifts

I am trying to decide on bridemaid gifts so I can hopefully order this weekend. I know I want to do something personalized for each girl but am having a hard time deciding on what to give them and how much to spend. I have four girls in my bridal party including  my MOH. 

Here is my one inspiration:
I really love these necklaces. I have one myself and get tons of complements. I would give it to them also to wear for the wedding day. However, the price of the necklaces and charms makes it a bit pricey. I feel like if I got them the neckalces I would not be able to afford  a lot of additional gofts.

What are you getting your bridemaids? I would love any hints!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: BM Gifts

• Those are really pretty, but super duper expensive. Personally, I wouldn't be able to spend that much on them for the wedding. If you can, and you feel they would wear them again, I would get them because they're very nice.

We're getting all of the BMs and GM the same thing. Personalized, engraved wooden pens from Etsy. They're very nice and fit into our budget very well.
  • I got them each little Coach wristlets at the Coach outlet.  And I'll give them a little assortment of stuff from Bath & Body Works (I work there so I end up finding good deals) Or maybe a BBW or Victoria's Secret gift card.
    Anniversary
  • If  you really want to get it for them go for it.  If I just got that IMO it would be fine.  It is definitely a great necklace that they could wear again.

I'm getting my BMs a picture frame with their name spelled out in "letters" in architecture.  Below their name will be the meaning of it.  They are also getting a little necklace I made for them in a small box. 
  • I have a friend that works at Charlottes! Those necklaces a beautiful!

I got my BMs monogrammed bags and I'm filling them with different items. I also got them a pair of Silpada earrings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered the personalized totes/ beach bags from tk when they were on sale for $6. Then I got them each starfish necklaces and I got my MOH a dolphin and pearl necklace. I also got them cool water bottles to put inside the totes. And I'm goin to get them magazines and other little things to take to the beach since I'm having a beach themed wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting them personalized totes, scentsy plug in w/ their favorite scents and a pearl bracelet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2012
    I'm leaning towards personalized pajamas or robes, but I really haven't decided yet.  =\
  • I got them initial charm necklaces off Etsy that I love - Clicky

I also got the the blingy flasks from TK, and will get some alcohol, and I'm going to get the custom hangers for them as well.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I say go for it if you can afford it. You know if your girls will like it or not.

I went all out for my girls. I really wanted to spoil them :)  I got them personalized clutches that match their shoes with an accent of their favorite colors. I also got them ballet slipper shoes, and zip up hoodies with their initials on them. The girls are also sitting down with a friend of mine to design their wedding day jewelry. I am also going to bring them back some coffee from my Costa Rica trip in March.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • So I opened the link and it said $0.00 for price lol. How much are they?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bm-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:869d91fb-4ca1-42d9-8236-d75a8b8a4599Post:6e870fcb-0e34-4aaa-a345-c3c2b3c13c84">Re: BM Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I opened the link and it said $0.00 for price lol. How much are they?
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

You have to choose things from the drop down boxes and it prices it out based on your choices. I thought the same thing when I first opened it.
  • Zim- It is $40 for the chain and then additional for each charm. 

Thanks for the suggestions girls. I love the beach theme idea since we are getting married at the beach! 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bm-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:869d91fb-4ca1-42d9-8236-d75a8b8a4599Post:dd987007-530d-42c4-a56a-9705b4993372">Re: BM Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BM Gifts : You have to choose things from the drop down boxes and it prices it out based on your choices. I thought the same thing when I first opened it.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Oops haha. I couldn't spend that much. I could justify it more since my BMs are my sisters but I'm spending between $30-$40 total per girl
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bm-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:869d91fb-4ca1-42d9-8236-d75a8b8a4599Post:9f2dfbfc-9fff-4963-984b-5634720a01f9">BM Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Here is my one inspiration: <a href="http://www.charlottesinc.com/Moon-and-Lola--Initial-Necklace_p_51.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.charlottesinc.com/Moon-and-Lola--Initial-Necklace_p_51.html</a> I really love these necklaces. I have one myself and get tons of complements. I would give it to them also to wear for the wedding day. However, the price of the necklaces and charms makes it a bit pricey. I feel like if I got them the neckalces I would not be able to afford  a lot of additional gofts. What are you getting your bridemaids? I would love any hints!
    Posted by acn6497[/QUOTE]

Can you just purchase the charms and get the chain elsewhere? I feel like I have gotten chains just as nice for less than $40!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bm-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:869d91fb-4ca1-42d9-8236-d75a8b8a4599Post:d2679436-c0c5-4137-afd7-3714086b0968">Re: BM Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BM Gifts : Can you just purchase the charms and get the chain elsewhere? I feel like I have gotten chains just as nice for less than $40!
    Posted by myfeverplays[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this as well.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My bridesmaids are getting clutches that FMIL will be making for them. I bought all of the material for them to be made but it wasn't a lot. I plan on putting a small size bath & bodyworks lotion & spray in each bag. I am also getting them each a bottle of Moscato and doing personalized thank you labels on the bottles.

I am also planning on getting them a necklace. I do like the inital charms. I am trying to decide between 3 very different ones on Etsy. They wouldn't be wearing these on the day of the wedding. The are choosing their own wedding day jewelery if they want to wear any and the style of the dress wouldn't show off a necklace anyway.

Thir first one someone already posted for their girls and is one that I am also considering:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72432832/small-calligraphy-initial-necklace-in

This is the second one.. I love this one but I'm not sure if everyone would like it?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/89601773/special-edition-for-valentines-day

This is the third one..we have a small "lovebird" theme going on so I though the charm would be a nice touch and it can be more personalized with the stone each girl gets.:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/80229070/4-piecesbird-swallow
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ashley!!! Order them today! Charlotte's is having a 25% off sale! If they won't let you use that, see if they'll give you their 15% off Bride's discount! Oh that store. I could spend a million dollars in there!
  • What's Charlotte's?  I feel like I'm missing something here....

I got my girls their necklaces from Lia Sophia when I hosted a party ($98 but were basically free).  I am also paying $25 deposit for hair and $25 deposit for hair.  For the 2 girls that are not getting makeup done I will put something extra in their gift.  I am also thinking about getting them reef flip flops for the reception since they are wearing heels and I don't want to just get them cheap Old Navy ones.  FI and I are thinking about $50-75 per BM/GM.
  • Charlotte's is a local store in NC that carries great gifts and jewerly. 

Thanks so much for the info Kelsey, I called and they let me use the discount!! I know it is a lot of money but I really thing the girls will wear them all the time. 

I am so excited that I caught the sale and I got a new charm for my new monogram after June :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bm-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:869d91fb-4ca1-42d9-8236-d75a8b8a4599Post:8aaa1043-eb58-430d-9e52-3cfd6d47f112">Re: BM Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got them each little Coach wristlets at the Coach outlet.  And I'll give them a little assortment of stuff from Bath & Body Works (I work there so I end up finding good deals) Or maybe a BBW or Victoria's Secret gift card.
    Posted by Cassandra999[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing the same!
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards