June 2012 Weddings

strange dreams

I used to have a lot of wedding related dreams. some of them nightmares. but more recently, I've been dreaming these really strange dreams that involve people from my past.
anyone else having this?
last night I had a dream in which I was trying to save the world because our sun was to be swallowed by a black hole. and the black hole was controlled by two of my ex boyfriends. It wasn't because of me, though. However, in the dream I was really sweet to them, knowing that they couldn't say no if I asked them to stop doing what they're doing. so I woke up feeling really awkward because of what I had done in the dream (unreasonable, I know).
Anyway, I feel like my brain is poking me because I haven't thought about the past relationships in relation to the marriage. I am still in touch with the guys, but I haven't had a chance/reason to tell them I'm getting married.  those relationships ended in a strange way for both parties involved and I hadn't really given it much thought lately. Because by no means do I doubt my decision to marry my FI.. I mean... he's just amazing in every single way. But I find the dreams peculiar, you know.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: strange dreams

• I have had many, many, weird dreams since the wedding has gotten closer, nightmares, wedding dreams and other weird stuff. The subconcious can really mess with you when you are sleeping. I think its natural to feel weird anytime you have a dream about your exs. Dreams can be really weird.
  • I think stress is a big contributor to whacked-out dreams and so that's why a lot of us are having weird dreams.

Maybe you just feel like you need closure with the ex bfs since things ended weirdly and they don't know that you're getting married?  Do you have facebook, because wouldn't they see that you were engaged on there?  I don't think its necessary to reach out to them and tell them, but if you need closure about other things then by all means do it now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh the number of strange dreams I've had lately.  For the past 2 weeks I've had one almost every night. 
    Some I swear could be some of those messed up movies no one understands and is confused and has more questions about stuff at the end than at the beginning.
  • I'm friends with very few people on FB and they're not among them. I don't really think there is a real world issue behind it. I think I just have been very easy going about the wedding and my brain is telling me - hey, maybe you should be a little bit more stressed out! :D

MMRoberts - like David Lynch movies? :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes. I have actually been having the same dream night after night. I keep dreaming about my teeth. In my dreams they are really loose, falling out, or even crumbling right out of my mouth. It is completely bizzare. I've had the same dream at other stressful points in my life. It is definitely crazy how our stress manifests itself in our subconscious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_strange-dreams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:895b1629-5bc2-4bf4-8059-a384cbd324e8Post:99b01dcc-40a5-4b8e-ba7e-69517501bece">Re: strange dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes. I have actually been having the same dream night after night. I keep dreaming about my teeth. In my dreams they are really loose, falling out, or even crumbling right out of my mouth. It is completely bizzare. I've had the same dream at other stressful points in my life. It is definitely crazy how our stress manifests itself in our subconscious!
    Posted by Jessimb0587[/QUOTE]

<div>This makes sense especially since you are planning a wedding.  This dream can mean you feel out of control, powerless, or embarrassed like you are being exposed...check out dreammoods.com</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • to OP, the sun in your dream represents peace and tranquility.  The fact that your exes are trying to put it out, well, seems self explanatory.  I know this is most likely not a conscious thought but an unconscious one.  I googled it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards