July 2012 Weddings

Hi! And ANOTHER invite question :)

Hi guys! We made it safely and we're currently at my cousin's house with my dad :) FI and I just slipped away for a bit to assemble a few invites. I was ready to address them and hand them out until I realized I forgot to get stamps for the RSVP card. Ugh. I'll have to buy them first thing in the morning.

Anyway I have a question about addressing invites. Since these are hand delivered to family, I only have one envelope. No inner and outer deal. I'm giving them to my dad, and 2 of my cousins with kids. I'm not sure how formal to go with these? Could I just put Mr. First and last name & Mrs. First and last names & family? Do I have to put kids names? Since I'm actually giving these invitations to them in person, I don't want to come off a little ridiculous... I mean because they're addressed too formal or too casual you know? TIA!

Re: Hi! And ANOTHER invite question :)

• I don't see a problem with it.  Make sure you let them know that it is the whole family though.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would just address them as if they are going in the mail. I think it is easier then trying to remember as addressing that you are hand deliver Uncle Bob's but mailing Aunt Cindy's invitation while addressing.

Anniversary
  • Just write them addressed & who is invited...Mr. & Mrs. John Smith & Family...Mr. & Mrs. Fred Flinstone.....

are they RSVP'ing to you in Ecuador or to the states??  I'm curious what the difference in postage is! 
  • if your inviting kids, "and family' is fine.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I would address them how you would if you were mailing them. I don't think the fact that they're hand delivered should make that much of a difference. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing ours like "The Smith Family" if it is parents and children and "Mr and Mrs John Smith" if it's only the parents.

What I don't know how to do is convey that someone gets a plus one without doing the inner envelope...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Nati!  I would do what others suggested and write the names as if you were mailing them. 

@BMmore:  Just write all of the info on the envelope. (i don't have an inner either)

Mr. John Smith and Guest (for a +1 you don't know)

Ms. Fiona Apple
    Mr. John Smith   (if a couple is living together but not married, 2 separate lines in ABC order)

if you ar inviting a friend with her boyfriend and mailing it to her house then her name would go first and his underneath because she lives there. 

weddingcake-1
  • thanks Nancy! I really don't want to do inner envelopes. It seems like such a waste of paper and money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I'll be doing just that then :)

Bmore I really like that idea, that will be perfect for us and the families we're inviting. Plus on my RSVP card it also specifies for how many people the invite is for, so I think it will all work out.

Littlemoments, I have no idea about postage in Ecuador haha! Not a lot of people use the postal service for little day to day things... at least not to my knowledge. I think the hand delivering tradition might have a good deal to do with how little people rely on the post office for things other than large packages lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards