June 2012 Weddings

Nails

Who is having their nails done. I have been planning on getting a professional mani/pedi for the wedding. I'm wondering how long it will last though. Our friend's wedding is the week before and I thought I would go then. But, I'm worried it won't last until our big day.

Re: Nails

• I'd get it done fresh for your wedding for sure!  maybe not toes, but definitely hands.  I'm getting mine done the day before our wedding.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you get the gel polish it lasts up to two weeks.  I have a salon that does a great job at it and it lasts 3 weeks with no chips.  I do a really natural french manicure with the gel polish and I always get compliments on how nice my nails are. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ee585c0-cc23-4480-8d15-1d4d3ebf390aPost:73491558-ad01-48d8-a130-2ede5a440974">Re: Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you get the gel polish it lasts up to two weeks.  I have a salon that does a great job at it and it lasts 3 weeks with no chips.  I do a really natural french manicure with the gel polish and I always get compliments on how nice my nails are. 
    Posted by Micaela2007[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I usually do too, but keep in mind, if you get it done a week before, there will be growth on your nails (which might not be pretty if they do a close up of your hand/rings).</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am probably going to do it myself to save money. I don't really care what my nails look like. There won't be any pictures of my hands focusing on my nails. My rings, yes. So, I am having them both cleaned and made to sparkle!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm trying to decide whether to get my nails done. I usually keep them clipped really short - I can't stand long nails, for some reason - so the main problem is going to be having the willpower to grow them out long enough. But I do like the idea of having them pretty and polished for the closeup pictures.
    Anniversary
  • I'm getting mine done the day before so it's fresh for the wedding and so it will still be nice throughout our honeymoon (2 weeks).  If you get a shellac mani, they do last 2-3 weeks so if you can only do it once, I would get that one.
  • I get my nails done regularly. You would want to get them done as close to the wedding as possible that way they are nice and shiny and fresh looking. I go every two weeks and I will be going the day before to make sure they look the best =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ee585c0-cc23-4480-8d15-1d4d3ebf390aPost:3a2d9e42-170c-492b-b68f-097374d952f1">Re: Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nails : This is what I usually do too, but keep in mind, if you get it done a week before, there will be growth on your nails (which might not be pretty if they do a close up of your hand/rings).
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]

I guess my nails don't grow that fast because the growth is hardly noticeable even close up.  But a few days before and you won't have to worry about chipping and they'll last for the honeymoon too!
  • A week before will be too far out. I have acrylics now for my bridals on Tuesday but will have a complete new set for the wedding. I'll get a mani/pedi a couple days before
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm a professional at ruining a manicure. Seriously the last one I got, I damaged as I was leaving the salon. If I do shellac I usually make it about 10 days before I damage it. A regular pedicure usually lasts 2-3 weeks for me. So I'm getting my shellac done the day before the wedding, and toes a few days before because I couldn't get an appointment for both at the same time.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you get a regular manicure a week before the wedding, you will end up wanting to get it re-done.
  • I think that I'll just do my nails myself for our friends weeding. and It them professional done the day before the wedding.
  • Yep.. getting fake acrylics here. Probably 2-3 days before the wedding.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • I have been getting mani/pedis for the last couple of weeks. I do the shellac so I go every other week. I am able to grow my natural nails so I do not have tips on. I'm getting a fresh mani/pedi the day before the wedding. This will also last me my honeymoon.  
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • It is funny, I usually have long, lovely fingernails, but now that the wedding date is fast approaching I keep breaking them, cracking them, damaging them.  I whacked them all off to a very short length last week in an attempt to even things up--two were broken down to the quick.

I hope they behave now for the next 6 weeks so that it is worth it to have a professional manicure! :)
  • I am getting mine done the day before the wedding.  A full set of nails should last you two weeks, but as PP said, you will have nail growth.  If you have never had fake nails before I would get them done a couple days before because they do feel a little weird at first.
  • I'm getting shellac (spelling?) polish done. it lasts for up to three weeks and has worked really well for me previously.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shellac and it will harden your nails:
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm going to do my own. I've been doing my toenails about once a week for years now, so I'm pretty pro! I hate fake nails and I hate spending money on something I can do myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards