June 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Slip?

Is anyone wearing one with their dress? I'm thinking about getting one to make my a-line skirt a little fuller. Opinion of them?

Re: Bridal Slip?

• Options
    When I went to go try on my dress at David's Bridal she put a slip on me before we put the dress on (my dress is also a-line). After, I took the slip off to see what it would look like, and I hated it! The dress just fell to the floor and had no movement, you could also see my panties! I would say GET THE SLIP. It will also keep you from having to have your dress altered at the bottom, because the slip lifts it up a little once it has some volume.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    When I went to go try on my dress at David's Bridal she put a slip on me before we put the dress on (my dress is also a-line). After, I took the slip off to see what it would look like, and I hated it! The dress just fell to the floor and had no movement, you could also see my panties! I would say GET THE SLIP. It will also keep you from having to have your dress altered at the bottom, because the slip lifts it up a little once it has some volume.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    yes, I am wearing one with my dress. It's a very full slip with several crinoline layers. It makes me love my dress so much more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Teep I have an A line dress as well and I plan to buy a slip to make it fuller and it helps with my not having to hem my dress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am I bought mine already because it makes walking in my dress much easier. Without the slip I have to kick my dress forward when I walk but with the slip it pushes my dress out enough that I can walk easy. Also my dress looks super awesome with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to get one, but with my shoes on it'd make my dress too short. I have a lace trumpet gown, though, so it probably looks better without one.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

I second PPs.....I'm getting one so that 1. it makes my dress fuller (it needs one) and 2. I don't have to hem it. 

But even if I wasn't getting a crinoline style slip, I would still get a "regular" one so that my dress isn't see-through....and they help minimize lines underneath, too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I already had my dress hemmed, but I think I might try one anyway. I feel like my skirt sits too flat. This is a link: http://www.camillelavie.com/dress/Wedding-Dresses_Satin-Sweetheart-Wedding-Dress-with-Side-Shirring_41790-3042W.cfm

Thanks for all your help girls!
  • Options
    I already bought one when I purchased my dress.
       I tried my dress on without it, and then with it. This helped me to make my decision. It looks way better with it for all the reasons mentioned above.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards