July 2012 Weddings

Anyone gone to a wedding with fireworks?

Hi. My venue offers fireworks as an add on and we love the idea. Not sure if we can swing it or not but is anyone having them or gone to a wedding with them? I appreciate your impressions! Tia!

Re: Anyone gone to a wedding with fireworks?

• edited April 2012
    I have never been to one that has had them, but I have dreamed of having them at my wedding for as long as I can remember! Our venue does not allow us to have them. Due to how hot and dry it gets in the summer where we live there is way to high of a fire danger. This is a photo that our photographer took at a wedding last year. Are they reasonable priced to add on to your venue package?  

*~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • It would be about $2500, which is actually less than I have seen it before but still a lot of money.......
  • For real?? I didn't know anyone actually did that. We aren't even allowed to have sparklers at our venue. 

I personally think it's way too over-the-top and frivolous, sorry. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for your input.....that's one of my concerns....is it too much?
  • Our venue doesn't allow any kind of open flame. I have seen fireworks at a wedding, but I think it was the couple having someone do them for them instead of the venue because it looked as if that fireworks were off in the distance and not close.  This was also the fire chief's daughter getting married so maybe that is why they got away with it.  I think it would be pretty expensive because the venue would have to buy the fireworks and then hire someone to set them off.  I agree with it being a little too much though.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have never been but I think it would be amazing. Not everyone can say they had ACTUAL fireworks!!
    pregnancy calendar
  • I agree with meagan. I haven't went to a wedding with fireworks. I don't think it's worth 2500. I would pass and save the money
  • Thanks everyone!
  • No, but we will have them! Our venue is right next to Sea World, so we are stealing theirs :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have not - BUT MINE WILL! :) 

We will be having a ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner at the same venue, and then an afterparty just 3 minutes down the road at a gorgeous event center which has an beautiful indoor space for the dance (hardwood floor, rustic chandeliers, etc) and a great outdoor space for a bonfire, smores, and fireworks! The afterparty is not just for the family and WP though, everyone is invited - although I assume alot of older guests may not stay, though they can! :) 

Because the wedding is in a small town, the rules on fireworks are pretty lax. I sent in a formal request to be allowed to do fireworks even though it's 10 days after the 4th of July, and it was approved. I have some relatives who have done fireworks shows before, and they will be putting it together at the end of the evening for us. It costs much less that way, because we are just paying for the fireworks themselves. 

FI and I both have families who love fireworks, and my cousins are always telling me how excited they are to blow of fireworks at the wedding! ;)

Now - to answer your question: The price they are charging is pretty high. It will depend on how much you want them, but if you do go for it, make sure your photographer knows to be ready to take lots of great pictures to make it worthwhile! :) 
  • A friend of mine was married on NYE a few years ago, and they had fireworks. It was freezing and snowing out and the way that it was setup the fireworks couldn't really be all that seen. Plus, we were all freezing (did I mention that).

This wedding was a way over the top event (black tie, "famous" musicians paid to be there, ridiculously long event) so I feel slightly bitter about the fireworks.

I think since you are having a July wedding, it would be much better than a 12/31 wedding.

How long would the fireworks be for? If it's longer than 10 minutes I think that people would get bored, but $2500 for 10 minutes doesn't really seem worth it. Also I'd see where they would be set off from to make sure that you could see them...I also agree about making sure the photographer knows and can setup for some cool pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards