June 2012 Weddings

18 months!

For us June 23, 2012 ladies, we just hit the 18 month mark on 12/23..got that lovely email from the knot to prove it :)

So for all the June 2012 knotties, how is everyone's plans coming? 
The FI and I have pretty much everything booked: Church, Reception place, Limo, DJ, and Photog..and i bought my dress! I'm a student (like many of you!) and I had an easy semester, so I took advantage of that, and now I am cooling off with planning and enjoying my engagement until next summer

I cant wait to hear from all of you!
First comes Love (2.23.2006)
Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
In the baby carriage! 

Re: 18 months!

•  Nothing booked.  Nothing bought.  I looked at shoes and dresses online.  Yesterday, FI realized that the chef at the inn we like the best is an old friend, so that's sort of a good thing. 

I have a coffee date with the photographer I'm in love with on January 3rd.  That's all I have.

I'm trying not to be freaked out about this.  I'm in my busy season at work, so I don't have time to drop everything.  I might have to hire a planner...but I've heard planners just point you towards vendors.  I would love to find someone who will take my budget and do the negotiating for me.
  • Wait you get an email from the knot?! I mean i get tons of emails but I didnt notice any 18 months emails a couple of weeks back....

As for planning I am right with ya well not really but in the sense that I was just out of school looking for a job and did a bunch of stuff and now that I am starting a new job in the New Year :D will be dailing it down for a while.

Currently we have:
    Ceremony/Reception Venue
    Rooms booked at venue/deposit put down for the houses.
    Photographer
    AND MY DRESS CAME IN :D. It fits perfectly just needs a hem (maybe depending on the shoes I get) and a bustle maybe cups too.
    O have my earrings too.

Working on:
    seeing videographers (two of them. one in beg of Jan one at end)
    starting to look at DJs (have a bunch of information packets waiting for me at home after the holidays at my parents house)

Merry Christmas to everyone and happy planning :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • My FI and I are getting married June 1st 2012. Right now we have a chruch and priest but that is all. we have appointments to look at places for the reception, his tux and my dress.
    Since I have a family member getting married this year, we are taking it slow with our wedding planning so that way the other bride in my family can feel like a bride.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_18-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c84ebae1-38bb-4c88-87eb-5db5dd23fba9Post:a75057a4-426c-4209-ad96-c39df357f7e6">18 months!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For us June 23, 2012 ladies, we just hit the 18 month mark on 12/23..got that lovely email from the knot to prove it :) So for all the June 2012 knotties, how is everyone's plans coming?  The FI and I have pretty much everything booked: Church, Reception place, Limo, DJ, and Photog..and i bought my dress! I'm a student (like many of you!) and I had an easy semester, so I took advantage of that, and now I am cooling off with planning and enjoying my engagement until next summer I cant wait to hear from all of you!
    Posted by mek20[/QUOTE]

YAY! I have a twiny! June 23rd right here :D
    We have done nothing! Lol. :] We are just taking our time. I change my mind so often that I don't want to decide something now, and book it then 6 months later change my mind again.

I have the bridal party picked though, and their dresses &  the colors. They just need to pick which of the 4 styles and 2 colors they want. :)
    And we have agreed on time, and food selection. And we are going cheap and having most our relatives make the food if we buy it. So that is almost taken care of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've done absolutely nothing! I had a very tough semester and I just want to rest my FI and I are going to look at venues in VA around spring break and I'll do most of my planning this summer but i'm going enjoy my winter break. I have picked colors and our bridal party but nothing else
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also on June 23rd!!!  And i do not believe I got an e-mail about the 18 months either!! Oh Well :)  
    As for what we have done:
    -Church/Priest is booked!
    -Reception Hall/Rooms for guests are booked!
    -Photographer is booked!
    -I bought my centerpieces already too :/ ! Ha they were on sale for like 25% of original price, so I couldn't pass it up!
    -As for the dress....... I have found one I love, but am planning on waiting a couple months before making the final decision.  

As I am typing this I just received an e-mail from the lady I am working with at my reception venue, telling me about the bridal show in town in January!   She is GREAT, and I am soooo glad that I chose a venue that has such good customer service, she is AMAZING.  She is willing to help with any of the wedding planning, not just the reception!

Me and my MOH
    June 2012, May Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards