June 2012 Weddings
Options

Reception shoes

My wedding heels are 2 3/4 inches tall. I love them. But really think I will want plantforms for the reception. That being said I dont want to spend a ton on platforms, I will never wear them again!

I found these (clicky) for 15 bucks! Not bad at all. But the heel height is only 2 inches. Should I buy them and not worry about the near inch difference or look for heels that are more like 2.5 inches (I have found some but they are more expensive).
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 139 Invited so far!
image 79 Are ready to party!
image 60 Will be missing out!

Re: Reception shoes

• Options
    I'm wearing flat flip flops for our reception and 3 1/2" heels for the ceremony. Since it's inside, I'm not worried about it getting really dirty. Plus I'm planning on getting it cleaned and preserved.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about the height if you are having an indoor reception. Otherwise, you may want the taller platform.
  • Options
    If you have a long train and are having your dress bustled for the ceremony it shouldn't be a problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_reception-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:cfcc2965-d24f-4a13-9d82-b201c13ca347Post:e483ba12-4167-42e6-a851-03bca2ea36cf">Re: Reception shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you have a long train and are having your dress bustled for the ceremony it shouldn't be a problem.
    Posted by Hilraythebride[/QUOTE]

I don't completely agree with this.  Your dress should be altered to be the perfect height for your shoes.  I think yes bustled it could be ok but the front may be too long pending on the other shoes.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think you would me more comfortable with shoes that are the same heel height. I'd be more worried about tripping over your dress than your dress getting dirty.
  • Options
    I found another pair that are a little bit more expensive but closer in heel height. Kelsey I think you are right I would probably trip over my dress! Thanks ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards