June 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD 3/12

2»

Re: QOTD 3/12

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-312?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dc2ff949-bfc9-487d-b573-d3fc659123d6Post:cb1011ec-0dcf-42fe-a257-07da1a7c2df5">Re: QOTD 3/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 3/12 : Haha...nothing I can solve.  Apparently my bones are not aligned correctly, the muscle in my legs doesn't build up the way it should be and my bones are not as strong as they should be so I just deal with the pain. <strong> However if you have any good advice for exercises or whatever that might help I'd be happy to take them! </strong> I'm working on getting back into a workout routine because it does help ease the pain.
    Posted by sleblanc72[/QUOTE]
    PM me your email address and I can send you some hip strengthening exercises
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I forgot about when I sprained my ankle playing volleyball. My friend ended up having to take me to urgent care and wanted to put me in a wheelchair once we got inside. Silly me and my pride didn't let him. Walked out with an air cast and that ankle's still a little weak. I have what I call an "injury bag". It contains pretty much anything I'd need (wrist and ankle braces, knee braces and patella straps, ace bandages, an air cast, etc). That's how accident-prone I am haha.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I must have a high tolerance for pain, which I would never think of myself. I had braces too and the worst that ever got was when I had to tighten them with a key. (Yes I'm serious)

Getting them off didn't hurt at all and I never used wax. I had them on/off from 4th-11th grade too. Must have been super used to them or something.
  • Options
    Thank you so much Ash!!  PM will be sent in a minute.
  • Options
    Knock on wood, I've never broken a bone or had surgery (besides wisdom teeth).  My worst pain was when I got mono!  I had severe pain radiate through my body, and my neck swelled up so much I could barely swallow.  I went to the ER thinking it was my appendix, but my CT was negative.  Lab work showed I had a bad case of mono.  Thankfully haven't felt that bad since then.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-312?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dc2ff949-bfc9-487d-b573-d3fc659123d6Post:97acb41a-1157-4214-8325-50ee4519d56a">Re: QOTD 3/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must have a high tolerance for pain, which I would never think of myself. I had braces too and the worst that ever got was when I had to tighten them with a key. (Yes I'm serious) Getting them off didn't hurt at all and I never used wax. I had them on/off from 4th-11th grade too. Must have been super used to them or something.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    I had this thing in the roof of my mouth before braces that required tightening with a key everyday. My older sister had one too so we did each other's everyday lmao!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-312?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dc2ff949-bfc9-487d-b573-d3fc659123d6Post:f7ce886f-3119-460f-87e8-84ebd4d32e2d">Re: QOTD 3/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ashley, Yeah mine came about because I mildly sprained my ankle and did absolutely mothing for a month, <strong>then tried ice skating as hard as I did before I sprained my ankle. </strong>Later that night my right knee felt stiff, but I didn't think too much of it. The next morning I had a very limited range of motion (I assume there was swelling, but I never visibly swell). The other knee developed the same problem after having to compensate for the other knee (I was limping pretty badly). It was just an awful 6 months. My leg muscles were not able to handle all of that! All in all, I'm pretty broken. Knees, ankles, elbow, shoulder, wrist (my right one has been hurting for a while now and there's a funny bump... I think my tendinitis is acting up.)
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

Were you an ice skater?  I started when I was 6 and actively skated until I was about 16 or 17.  I continued to perform in CT's biggest charity skating show until I was 23 and they cancelled it.

My worst injury is actually a TMI injury and occurred while skating.  My coach and I were both skating backwards (she was giving someone else a lesson) and tripped over each other and her blade went right between my legs...all the way up....resulting in a cut about 2 inches long.  It hurt like crazy to pee because it burned the cut.  It took quite a long time to heal and since I was starting puberty and starting to get hair bandages hurt to rip off.  I also had a concussion from skating but I obviously didn't feel it so it wasn't a lot of pain.
  • Options
    I have had labor & i thought that was bad. It hasn't come close to my 2 worst moments ever. 

I had a tubal pregnancy (unknown at the time) & the tube burst. After 4 or 5 days i could not even stand up anymore the pain was so bad. 

My first gallbladder attack, i literally sat on the toilet for 12 hours straight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have had labor & i thought that was bad. It hasn't come close to my 2 worst moments ever. 

I had a tubal pregnancy (unknown at the time) & the tube burst. After 4 or 5 days i could not even stand up anymore the pain was so bad. 

My first gallbladder attack, i literally sat on the toilet for 12 hours straight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-312?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dc2ff949-bfc9-487d-b573-d3fc659123d6Post:5e1dfad0-da4f-4dc6-8e86-99d2fbd4768e">Re: QOTD 3/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 3/12 : I had this thing in the roof of my mouth before braces that required tightening with a key everyday. My older sister had one too so we did each other's everyday lmao!
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Yay someone knows what I'm talking about! I was hoping someone else did. Even though that was pretty much cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the constitution. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-312?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dc2ff949-bfc9-487d-b573-d3fc659123d6Post:3b9daec7-8c9c-42ce-a745-24b8c073bdc1">Re: QOTD 3/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 3/12 : Yay someone knows what I'm talking about! I was hoping someone else did. Even though that was pretty much cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the constitution. ;)
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    Haha yeah I had the key thing then another thing that was in the roof of my mouth but didn't need a key...all that and wisdom teeth removed and 4 others, before braces. Needless to say I make sure I wear my retainers and everything after what I've had done haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards