June 2012 Weddings
Options

For those having cathedral veils....

how long do you plan on wearing it? If you plan to wear it during part of the reception, how will you manage it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those having cathedral veils....

• Options
    I was just wondering the exact same thing!
  • Options
    I plan on taking off after the ceremony, after we've taken a few pictures with it - i dont want to be worrying about it getting stepped on and pulled out of my hair all night
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm wearing it for as long as possible. I really want to be able to wear it for our first dance and all through dinner, but we'll just have to see. I might have to get a long piece of tulle to practice with FI. It might get in the way too much, which would make me sad. I love my veil!

I plan on having it draped over my arm, so it wouldn't be dragging, it's just the turning and movement when dancing with FI.
  • Options
    Kelsey- I feel the same way! Veils are EXPENSIVE and I want to wear it as long as I can! My goal is also to wear it through the first dance.
  • Options
    My aunt is making mine, so I spent like $25 on it. I will wear it for the ceremony and probably remove it after. Mine is regal length, so it's about five yards. :) super long to match my train.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a cathedral veil with a blusher. The veil is designed so that I remove the cathedral part and wear just the blusher for the first dance/reception if I want. I will definitely be taking some pictures with it and would like to try to wear it for our first dance and the father/daughter dance because my veil is gorgeous and I'm in love with it!
  • Options
    I want to wear mine for as long as possble.  I may even get my veil bustled with my train!.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    I will wear mine for the entire wedding.  During the cocktail hour(s), I'll have it draped over my arm and/or have FI hold it.  For dinner, I'll drape it over the back of my chair and for danching, it'll shine in all its glory*.  

*someone, help me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge - Wedding RingsPhotobucket
  • Options
    :: Just listening in::  I love cathedral veils...I'm secretly jealous of all of you!  I couldn't justify purchasing a veil and am just borrowing a FSIL's veil which is elbow length. 

Hilray- I've never heard of someone bustling their veil with their dress...that sounds awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    This is an active conversation between my mom and I, I want to wear it for the ceremony and some of the pictures we take at the park and then take it off. My mom thinks I should wear it for our introduction at the reception, and for our first dance. So it's up in the air right now I'm leaning towards playing it by ear the day of, to see how I feel wearing it or if it causes a problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-having-cathedral-veils?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dd3456a7-b363-463e-b088-2e4ba3a5ddf1Post:68e0a054-e6f8-4ab7-989d-1c79b6aeb235">Re: For those having cathedral veils....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will wear mine for the entire wedding.  During the cocktail hour(s), I'll have it draped over my arm and/or have FI hold it.  For dinner, I'll drape it over the back of my chair and for danching, it'll shine in all its glory*.   *someone, help me.
    Posted by BrooklynNovia[/QUOTE]

Haha!!!

I'm keeping it in through the first dance and will probably remove it for dinner. I had a friend keep hers in the same and she said that it was super annoying when people hugged her because it yanked her head back.

I do have a follow up question: when are you bustling your dress? I love the train and veil together so I'm thinking before dinner as well? Maybe during the mother/son dance so noone sees my eye rolling? =)
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-having-cathedral-veils?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dd3456a7-b363-463e-b088-2e4ba3a5ddf1Post:a97dd80e-794f-4828-9ed4-5c5484129fb0">Re: For those having cathedral veils....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those having cathedral veils.... : Haha!!! I'm keeping it in through the first dance and will probably remove it for dinner. I had a friend keep hers in the same and she said that it was super annoying when people hugged her because it yanked her head back. I do have a follow up question: when are you bustling your dress? I love the train and veil together so I'm thinking before dinner as well? Maybe during the mother/son dance so noone sees my eye rolling? =)
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

I have a really long, heavy train, so I will be gettting my bustled right after the ceremony before H and I "dismiss" everyone from their rows.
  • Options
    I'm bustling mine before we're introduced at the reception. If we have time to go into cocktail hour, I'll bustle it before that.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    it ate my post... UGH!!!

In short- I said that my train is long and very heavy so if possible it will be bustled as soon as I get back down the aisle and before we "dismiss" people from their rows.

ETA: And of course now the last post is back. STUPID TK!
  • Options
    I'm removing my veil after pictures and will be bustled at the same time. 

We're having a post-wedding photo session (haven't scheduled that yet) and we can get plenty more pictures then.
  • Options
    I'm taking mine off after the ceremony and pictures. I bought a flower clip from a seller on Etsy and I'm putting that in my hair for the reception!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I would have to check with FSIL to see if she has any pictures that show it but she had a bustle put into her cathedral veil (dress did not have a train).  It looked very nice and she was able to wear it through the whole reception

• Options
    I'll be taking mine off after pics and before we head to the reception for cocktail hour. we're not doing any first look pics so all of the pics of the two of us will be done before we head over for the recpetion. I just LOOOOOOVE the pics of the bride and groom where the bride has a cathedral veil that is blowing in the wind and they are kissing. <3!! I want to get some like that. hopefully the weather will cooperate! I'll probably have the train bustled before we do our big enterance, we're going to be walking down a bunch of stairs for the enterance and since my train is super long, I don't want to be tripping or (god forbid!!) falling over it or even worrying about it during that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards