June 2012 Weddings

Invites out yet?

Hey June brides! Quick question... Our wedding is Saturday June 16th.. We are currently waiting for our invites to be completed by the printer/papier.. Am I behind the gun here with sending them out in the next few weeks? Anyone else have our same date?? When did you/or will you be sending yours out? Just want to know if I'm seriously falling behind here! Lol Thanks!!
Pregnancy Ticker I've finally married my BEST FRIEND :-) Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites out yet?

• im getting married june 15 and we sent ours out last week. but our family has alot of things going on between my wedding and 2 baby showers and a family vacation I made it start going faster
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was wondering about the same thing. Some of the details (such as the timeline) will be finalized in two weeks. So I'm about to mail them on April 14th or so for a June 23rd wedding. we're having e-RSVP's so I'm feeling pretty good about this even if they get caught up in the mail for whatever reason.
    out of curiosity - what is the latest you are asking your guests to rsvp by?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent ours out already (June 30th wedding), but we know we sent them early and we did it because people were starting to ask when we were sending them. Plus, it took me 1/4 of the time I thought it would to address them (I expected to send them out tomorrow) and they were just sitting there on our ottoman. Once we got stamps and I stamped them all, we put them in the mail! We have quite a few OOT guests, though, so I wanted to give them more of a heads-up. I don't think you're behind as long as you get them out in April :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Our wedding is June 24th and my goal is to drop them at the post office tomorrow ... fingers crossed I finish them tonight.

Edit: RSVP date of May 25th.
  • You're not behind at all! I sent mine out on March 8th for my June 8th wedding but it's not absolutely necessary.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Our wedding is June 15th and I will be mailing them on Saturday (11 weeks).
    However, the standard I've heard is 6-8 or 8-10 weeks, so either way you should be fine if you mail them in the middle of April.

Our RSVP is May 22nd

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • hey twin date!! I am mailing ours on Monday. We are having an OOT wedding so I am giving my guests enough time to get rooms, etc. RSVP date is May 16.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a June 16 bride too, and am mailing my invitations in less than 2 weeks. My RSVP date is May 16. You definitely still have time, no worries!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm June 15th and we orginally decided on April 14th to send them out but they will probably go out the week before because they are ready to go and I am ready to start getting responses!
  • I'm June 2 and sent mine out a week and a half ago. But you're definitely not behind
  • I think you are fine. I sent mine out, the date is June 26. But, everyone is family, so it didn't really matter when I sent them. We also knew prior to sending them who was and wasn't coming.
    So, I got tired of them taking up room and mailed them out. lol.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ours won't be going out until the last week of April...so gusts will get them at 8 weeks out. Our wedding is June 30th.

We are going to a June 16th wedding and we just got the invitation to that in the mail yesterday.
  • Your are fine with timing. My invites are still in production because they are in the process of being designed and they are almost done (Yea!)

I plan on sending them out April 14th with an RSVP date of May 31st. I am getting married on June 30th and my family is terrible with RSVP 's so I gave myself some time to make any phone calls. Also my venue requires a headcount 2 weeks before.
  • Same as Kelsey- June 30th wedding, invites will be going out around the last week of April. You are fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invites-out-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:dd933d6f-a836-4099-99be-c57b51e777b2Post:15439ae9-603d-4928-95ef-4eb8b099ba4d">Re: Invites out yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering about the same thing. Some of the details (such as the timeline) will be finalized in two weeks. So I'm about to mail them on April 14th or so for a June 23rd wedding. we're having e-RSVP's so I'm feeling pretty good about this even if they get caught up in the mail for whatever reason. out of curiosity - what is the latest you are asking your guests to rsvp by?
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

My wedding is the same date, and we are looking to send out April 15th, with a May 25th RSVP date. This way we have about a month to chase those that don't RSVP, get numbers to hall and make seating cards...

ALSO, FI cousin is getting married May 26th - we got invite yesterday! So I think we are all okay with time for June brides!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so generally RSVP deadline is 2-3 weeks before the wedding date, I guess? That sounds good to me, I'll just make it June 1st for a June 23rd wedding. easier to remember.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is June 23rd and we mailed them March 24th. We are moving and they were done so I didn't want them to get lost in the mix, plus lots of OOT guests. You are fine I think.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have your same date - June 16th and haven't sent them out.  I'm waiting until the 2 month mark, so around April 15th.  May send a few out of town ones next week, but will wait with the others.  LIke others have said, 6-8 weeks is the standard, so you are ok!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sending my out this weekend (12 weeks prior to wedding), but I know I'm early.  I want the RSVPs a month before the wedding so I can track people down!
  • My wedding is the 22nd and I'm sending the invites out before the week of April 14th.
  • We are also getting married June 16th, Ours will go out on Monday morning!
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're getting married June 16th as well. I'm addressing this weekend and mailing next weekend (April 7th). Our RSVP date is May 16th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • We're getting married June 16th and I sent them out Saturday (6 days ago). I wasn't planning on sending them out for another week or two, but my mom was freaking out, and half our guests are traveling across the country, so I figured why not. 
  • I too am a June 16 bride. Some boards say mail them at the 3 month mark, some say 2. I figure, split the difference. They will go out Mon morning with a response date of May 16. Roughly 60% of our guest list is out of town.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards