June 2012 Weddings
Options

Hair Extensions

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, so sorry if they have! My hairstylist recommended getting some hair extensions for my wedding day, because while I have a lot of hair, the actual strands are pretty thin. The updo I want is a fuller, so that's why she recommended it. I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with them, or if you were planning on using them for your wedding day.

Thanks!

Re: Hair Extensions

• Options
    I thInk they're great. I've worked on a lot of shows that use them, as long as your stylist knows what she's doing I say go for it. I prefer the ones you glue in to the clip ons-they wash out the next time you shampoo your hair. And no one is ever the wiser :).
  • Options
    I've used them! I use the Remy Euronext ones from Sally. I had to dye them to exactly match my hair color (which is funny because I've never dyed my real hair), but you definitely can't tell. I had them in for my engagement pictures, which I'll post a couple of below. I also just wear them sometimes in normal life and no one can ever tell. They're the clip on kind and are real hair (which makes it very easy to style them); I highly recommend that brand.

While trying on my dress (this time they are curled):

Photobucket
  • Options
    @courtneyclare10 - that is the brand I was thinking about getting!  Glad to know you like them!
  • Options
    I have long hair, i grew my hair out for the wedding. I have fine/thin hair but it curls well so i won't be needing them. I prefer au natural for almost everything (i am not fake normally why would i be for a wedding?) but if my hair would look like crap than i probably would. Just remember your stylist is trying to make extra money, do what feels right to you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_hair-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:e128a634-7901-44e2-bbe9-f591c5735927Post:3c9f891a-3288-4c17-96e9-c824ec854d2c">Re: Hair Extensions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have long hair, i grew my hair out for the wedding. I have fine/thin hair but it curls well so i won't be needing them. I prefer au natural for almost everything (i am not fake normally why would i be for a wedding?) but if my hair would look like crap than i probably would. <strong>Just remember your stylist is trying to make extra money, </strong>do what feels right to you<strong>. </strong>
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]
     <span style="color:#000000;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;font-size:small;-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:1px;-webkit-border-vertical-spacing:1px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span><div>Don't agree at all.... Stylists make a professional recommendation to help you, make your life easier, and help you get the results you want. Being a hairstylist is 99% about loving what you do, not the money, trust me. OP, the clip-ins from Sally's are wonderful, as well as Images & Shades (depending where you live... I don't know if you have them there!) Both are relatively in expensive, especially compared to salon-put in extensions. If you're stylist thinks it'll add the fullness, she's probably right. Some styles just aren't possible without some "extra fluff". I also have fine hair, but lots of it. I'm doing a few clip-in pieces just in the back, to help give my stylist a bit more to work with and give me what i want but isn't possible with what I have.</div>
  • Options
    I had 2 hair trials, one without extensions and one with.  I definetely liked my hair with the extensions in better.  I will have my hair half up/half down.  My hair is fine.  Although it looked OK without the extensions, it looked much fuller with them.  I used the dlip in kind from Sally's and they worked great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing extensions and going with Remy. I know a lot of people that use hair extensions and Remy is a high quality brand. I would definitely go with it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards