June 2012 Weddings
Options

DIY Programs Wording Help

I finally just bought my programs yesterday. Now i need to work on the wording and what to put on each page of the program before i can send it to the printers to print everything. My programs is a booklet style. Its 2 pieces of paper folded in half to makes 8 surfaces to put wording.

This is what i have so far for each page:

OPTION 1:

Front: Cover ( obviously putting our wedding celebration and date)
2nd page: ( back of cover) leaving blank
3rd page: ceremony  outline listed out ( i.e. procession, readings, unity candle etc. )
4th page ( back of 3rd page): important family members listed out ( i/e/ parents, grandparents etc.)
5th page: wedding party listed
*6th page: NEED HELP FILLING THIS PAGE!!!!!!!
7th page: Thank you letter from the bride and groom for support
Leave very back of the program blank

OPTION 2: ( leave the back of each page blank and only having writing on the front of each page to have less room to fill)

Front: Cover ( leave back of the cover blank)
1st page: ceremony outline (leave back of that page blank)
2nd page: List out family members and wedding party on one page (leave back of that page blank)
3rd page: Thank you letter from bride and groom  (leave back of that page blank which is the very back of the program)
* also, would this option be too cramped with info smushed all on one page*

Which do you guys like better? Option 1 or Option 2?  and if you like Option 1 better,  then i need help with what to put on the 6th page.

Thank you!

Re: DIY Programs Wording Help

• Options
    Are you adding anything special to the ceremony? For example we are using an oathing stone. So on that page you still need filled we are putting a brief description of the oathing stone and how it originated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No our ceremony is a typical catholic ceremony without the full mass. Nothing to unusual happening.
  • Options
    For option 1 for the 6th page you could do an In Memory page. 7 pages does sound long for a program but I'd rather it be longer than cramped
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_diy-programs-wording-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:e9f409b2-00c1-4e24-9cd7-20a4c70d0aebPost:8676922d-ae2b-474b-8d1f-472c7bbfe90b">Re: DIY Programs Wording Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]For option 1 for the 6th page you could do an In Memory page. 7 pages does sound long for a program but I'd rather it be longer than cramped
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I forgot about that.
  • Options
    I liked option 1.  for the page you need to fill you could maybe put information about the reception and directions from the church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I think less is more when it comes to the programs... you don't want to hand out a book to your guests and have them reading all through the ceremony.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We had the same problem and ended up filling the blank page with the Irish Wedding Blessing.  I've also seen people do a favorite bible passage.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put a word search in mine.  I've also seen crossword puzzles.  You can make one online that's all about you.  It'll fill space, be a little different, and give your guests something do if they get there early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards