June 2012 Weddings
Options

Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!

2»

Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!

• Options
    abbitha7abbitha7 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    These honeymoons sound awesome! Since we both teach college classes this summer, we'll be going on a mini-moon for now, then doing something big later. :) 

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

His family has a cabin on a private lake in Missouri, so we'll be heading down there. Just us and nature!

For how long?

Leave on Wednesday, return on Sunday.

Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it?

We have to postpone it a few days in order to teach our classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for?

Swimming in the lake and boating around without a care in the world! It's great because there is no cell phone reception, and the cabins on either side of us rarely have visitors, so we'll be very alone!
  • Options
    HarperBargo, I can't wait to go to London. It's going to be awesome.  My FI isn't so keen on the Haunted London/Jack the Ripper tours, so I just picked one.  I really want to do the Haunted tour to hear about all the hauntings in the area. I'm a big real ghost story lover!
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also can't wait for the wedding to be here already, I feel like i've been planning for too long. I'm more nervous about the day (walking down the aisle, speech) then stressed out. I have a lot of it under control and at this point only have lists/schedule to finalize. I'm just glad I took care of a lot things a while ago.

Ocho Rios Jamaica (same place and week as Amandaf6383) which is kinda cool.

For how long?
    7 days

The wedding is on a friday evening and we are leaving Sunday morning. I like that we'll have the Saturday to gather everything, as we are staying overnight at the wedding location and i'll probably pack that day.

I'm excited not to be thinking about planning a wedding but reminiscing about the wedding. It's my first resort experience and am excited to just relax and read. I'm also looking forward to not working!
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Destin, FL

For how long?

Mon-Thur

Leaving the Mon after the wedding

To just relax and be with my best friend.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:34816a86-9a7a-4d5f-8131-88154ed80d6d">Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Going to St. Thomas! 5 nights/6 days Wedding ends around 6pm Sunday the 24th and we leave at 10 am the 25th! EVERYTHING, but mostly<strong> FI are waiting so this might be TMI but looking forward to SEX</strong>!!! Also just being on vacation with my husband. Where we are staying is like a condo and has a kitchen so we get to cook together and just hang out. Also looking forward to seeing the oldest synagogue in north america (supposedly) and going to service there!
    Posted by hose85[/QUOTE]

I'm totally with ya on that one! TMI, but it's hard to believe that next weekend, neither FI nor I will be virgins again. Whoa.
  • Options
    We're taking a "land cruise" (aka road trip) through northern NM and southern CO.

For how long?
    6 days and 5 glorious nights

directly after - IMO, our HM starts the second we pull out of the church parking lot and head to the hotel Wink

Finally spending alone time with FI (husband!) without any distractions from other people and being able to relax and have fun together. And. . . . finally making love to my wonderful man! (we've waited)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards