June 2012 Weddings

AW: Favorite Shower Gift

I had my shower on Saturday and I wanted to share my favorite gift that I received. On the left is an apron that my Grandpa (paternal) sent with my aunt. It was crocheted by my great-grandma that I never met. On the right is a hanky that my Great-Grandma (maternal) crocheted around the edges. It was really touching to receive these items and I just wanted to share.

Oops! Edited to add picture!

Re: AW: Favorite Shower Gift

• Wow, so meaningful and special!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love things like that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • super sweet! It is the kind of a thing I would want to wrap up and keep for whenever one of my future children are getting married :) I'd take a picture of me wearing it, put the wedding date on the back and stash it all away. how interesting would it be to unwrap it after years? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww that is so sweet :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that's so sweet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's so sweet!
  • Thanks everyone! FI had mentioned he didn't know what to get me for a wedding present; when I got home Saturday night I showed him the apron and said he can get it framed or put in a shadow box for me.
  • thats really neat what a wonderful thing for memorabilia. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_aw-favorite-shower-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f2e1924c-04e3-4bf6-aa7b-b72c2c7229d8Post:025c26a5-322d-4aa3-87ed-fb447876ca4f">AW: Favorite Shower Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my shower on Saturday and I wanted to share my favorite gift that I received. On the left is an apron that my Grandpa (paternal) sent with my aunt. It was crocheted by my great-grandma that I never met. On the right is a hanky that my Great-Grandma (maternal) crocheted around the edges. It was really touching to receive these items and I just wanted to share. Oops! Edited to add picture!
    Posted by 58RoadHog[/QUOTE]
    '<div>
    </div><div>That's so awesome!!  I love it!!  Are you going to carry the hanky on your wedding day?</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_aw-favorite-shower-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f2e1924c-04e3-4bf6-aa7b-b72c2c7229d8Post:3f8513d3-10c1-414b-a04a-033d0cc1a341">Re: AW: Favorite Shower Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AW: Favorite Shower Gift : ' That's so awesome!!  I love it!!  <strong>Are you going to carry the hanky on your wedding day?</strong>
    Posted by Nindakay[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll be carrying it wrapped around my flowers and after the wedding I will probably frame it with a little note.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards