June 2012 Weddings

Gift ideas needed, please!

So I need two gift ideas. One is for my Matron of Honor/sister. I am already giving her the same gift i'm giving all the girls, a classic looking pearl ring (not to wear day of, they are just super pretty), flip flops, hanger for her dress, and something else probably a note book or something. She has done so much for me I want to get something extra special for her. I'm getting my maid of honor, my other sister, a set of cookware for her new apartment. 

Also a close friend of mine is acting as wedding planner and I want to get her something personal and special as well. I thought about a gift card for a massage or something but her husband said she really doesn't like those types of things. Thoughts?? Not to crazy expensive but something nice. thank you!

Re: Gift ideas needed, please!

• What about a restaurant gift card or a nice bottle of wine?
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-ideas-needed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f817b1fa-7964-43f2-915c-85c5a3ef5446Post:38fa719c-3bd4-4af2-a722-57e8d53fa594">Re: Gift ideas needed, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about a restaurant gift card or a nice bottle of wine?
    Posted by kiki1978[/QUOTE]

I like this idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-ideas-needed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f817b1fa-7964-43f2-915c-85c5a3ef5446Post:22add8c9-4856-4637-b59f-df77ae23a924">Re: Gift ideas needed, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gift ideas needed, please! : I like this idea.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are buying our officient (a close friend who refused to be paid) a nice bottle of red wine, a wine aerator, and a gift card to our local wine bistro (she's a bit of a wino).  I got my girls adorable beach bags in their fave colors an filled them with jewelry, flip flops, and a picture frame.  I will give them a picture of me with them after the wedding.
    Does your sister/DOC have any hobbies or interests you can use to help you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-ideas-needed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f817b1fa-7964-43f2-915c-85c5a3ef5446Post:99cb0d08-effd-4d38-a063-33d1cc10bfef">Re: Gift ideas needed, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are buying our officient (a close friend who refused to be paid) a nice bottle of red wine, a wine aerator, and a gift card to our local wine bistro (she's a bit of a wino).  I got my girls adorable beach bags in their fave colors an filled them with jewelry, flip flops, and a picture frame.  I will give them a picture of me with them after the wedding. Does your sister/DOC have any hobbies or interests you can use to help you?
    Posted by sunnylilme[/QUOTE]

<div>oh, Yes! At least for my sister, she is into running...maybe I can get her some running gear or something. Thanks!</div>
  • Definitely a special bottle or wine or sparkling wine!
  • You can never go wrong with wine! However for my sister who only likes an occasional class I got her a nice frame that could have 3 pics in it. On the left I put a pic when we were little in the middle I found a great poem about sisters off the internet that I put in the middle and on the right side a pic of us growm up. It is actually a pic of her and I at a bridal shop with both our wedding dresses on because she gets married 3 months after me. I figured she can replace it with a pic of the two of my from my wedding or hers.

Also I cannot say enough about etsy.com   I am not an online shopper, but this website is awesome and I have ordered tons of stuff for my wedding or my sisters shower also mothers day and everything has exceeded my expectations!
    happy gift hunting
  • I'm struggling with what to get my PAs (acting as DOC), readers and officiant. Ah!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited June 2012
    Not sure how much time you have left but I got a set of beer glasses dipped in caulk paint for Christmas from my SIL and love them. I've seen this done with wine glasses too. Would easily accompany a bottle of wine or 6 pack of beer depending on taste. SIL said they where pretty easy to make, she found a site online probably on pinterest or something like that.

I had the hardest time with gifts and and am still trying to come up with something for my mom. Good luck!
  • One of the things I got my girls was a Lolita glass, they have so many styles and I was able to find something that fit each girl's personality.  You could do that and a bottle of wine?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards