June 2012 Weddings
Options

update: band or dj

i put a post up here the other day about a dj or band and here is the follow up.

We are paying for the wedding ourselves, my MIL is making the salads for our supper (we are doing it all ourselves with friends help) my mother paid half my dress, my father i haven't talked to in about 5 months (lived 1 block over) so he knows nothing about what is going on in the wedding and hasn't offered anything and that is fine, i don't expect anything of anyone. Our parents can not afford very much, and anything they have given/done for us is just a bonus and something we were prepared to do but it is a bonus not having to. With that being said..........

My mom phoned me last night, when i had just "mentioned" that i was just "thinking" about whether to go with a band or dj and that i really liked this one band i seen at his cousins wedding she asked me to send her a pic of them. So i did, and last night she phoned and said she had good news, I thought maybe she had went to school with one of the bandmembers, i was NOT expecting what came next. She asked me if i wanted the band, i said ya i think i do, they play anything and everything and we can have pure dance trax while they are on their half hour  break. She then proceeded to tell me to book the band because Garry (her bf of 6 years, not married and we are not his kids of course) was now paying the $550 difference between the dj and band as a wedding gift to us, then he told her she had to do something as well and she finally got to tell him she paid $500 for my dress lol.

I am so excited, i have sent my bridesmaids to their site to listen to clips and even the one who wanted a dj changed her mind after seeing the songs they do and hearing them sing. There will be something for every single type of crowd, they also know how to judge the situation, i am 100% not worried about anyone not having fun. My fi and i spent 2 hours talking about it last night, for once he actually got excited about something wedding related. It was a tad overwhelming that someone i don't even call my step dad is doing that for us when my own dad can't even bother to pick up a phone ( i can never get a hold of him, he shuts it off all the time, i have now given up trying to bother) or contact me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: update: band or dj

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards