June 2012 Weddings
Options

Thursday checks!

Got Fi's band in the mail today, when he comes home for lunch I plan on surprising him with it with a "will you marry me?" and presentation of the ring ;) yes, I'm a sap!

Super excited about this- I got ALL the candy for our favors yesterday!! I know it's a little early, but it was on sale for $0.98 a pound!! I got 36 lbs of caramel filled chocolate cups for about $37!! WooHOO!! that's under budget by about $63 :D I love saving money! AND, once they're in the boxes, I can store them in large air-tight containers and store them in the garage pretty much up until the wedding, because I live in WA and it's cold outside!

NWR: I had a face to face interview yesterday for that assistant manager position and it went really well! I find out in a week or so if I got the job :) I also have another interview today for a personal assistant job. Less pay, and further away from my house, but it sounds like a pretty easy job, PLUS I'd get full benefits including sick and vacation days, which is something I have NEVER had. fingers crossed!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday checks!

• Options
    Congrats! PS, there was a checks thread earlier today but it was misstitled "Wednesday" so thats probably why people aren't posting here!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Let us know hwo he responds to the proposal.... that is hilarious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He said "yes!" lol he was excited to get to see it and try it on. . .It's a little big, unfortunately, since it's tungsten and can't be resized, but when I told him how much I paid for it, he was like "oh!, well, if I lose so much weight before the wedding that it no longer fits, I'll just buy myself a new one" lol! it was only $60, which he found hilarious since mine was thousands. He said " well, I spent thousands on yours and you spent $60 on mine, but that's totally fitting since you're doing all the planning and putting the whole thing together!" it was nice to have that recognition, and we both agreed that it was doubly fitting since he's also the far more frugal of the two of us, so he thinks it's really cool that I got such a good deal on his ring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

(Tuesday - Thursday Checks)
    We received our Save The Dates (mainly for our OOT guests) and a partial order of our invitations in the mail on Tuesday. We mailed out the STD's today. Secured our photographer, videographer and baker. Busy busy but productive...thank God for favor!

*Very exciting checks Casey! Hoping your interview goes really well too!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We've finally got our first appointment booked for premarital counseling! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    darn it, I totally replied with his reaction, but I don't see the post!!
    FI was really excited to see the ring, and when I "proposed" he said "yes!" lol, it was really cute. his ring was a little loose, though, and since it's tungsten it can't be sized, but when I told him he can't lose any more weight until the wedding he asked me how much I paid for it and I told him it was $60. so he said "oh! well, shoot, if I lose more weight and it doesn't fit at all, then for that price I'll just buy myself a new one! no biggie!"
    what's really funny is that when he remarked about the price difference of his ring compared to mine (thousands vs. $60) he thought that was so fitting since a) he gave me my ring and now I'm having/getting to plan the whole wedding pretty much by myself (so apparently I "deserve it" for all my hard work ;)  ) and b) he's by far the more frugal of the two of us so he found that funny :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    is it just me, or does it say there are 7 posts on the thread list page for this thread, and only 5 show up? TK is being weird, I think. . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a DIY project done today.  Two of these:
     The pic is saved correctly on my phone and computer, I don't know what the problem is from my computer to TK, but as FI said, it's round, what does it matter?

Anyway,  I have two of these size and I think I'm going to make 1 more and place them on candle sticks on the mantle of one of the rooms at the reception.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I got a DIY project done today.  Two of these:
     The pic is saved correctly on my phone and computer, I don't know what the problem is from my computer to TK, but as FI said, it's round, what does it matter?

Anyway,  I have two of these size and I think I'm going to make 1 more and place them on candle sticks on the mantle of one of the rooms at the reception.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    First fitting out of the way today! Had my "surrogate" Mom come with me, since my Mom and FMIL were both busy. She really noticed the little details that I would of over-looked! =] 
  • Options
    What the heck, I swear I only hit post once.  TK is being screwy tonight.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards