Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Fourth of July!

I am so excited that I can now post on here! I am tired of reading and dreaming! So, here is my (kinda long) story...Kris and I rarely get to spend an evening together due to our work schedules (both work retail, crappy hours). We both decided that we would take off for July 4 and go see the fireworks this year (and because The Fourth is my FAVORITE holiday!).The weather was hot and muggy ALL day. And as luck would have it, the rain began when we were on our way to the river where the fireworks were held at/over. By the time we got our funnel cake (a fair favorite of BOTH of us and a necessity every year), it was pouring. We were both wet and I was getting crabby. As we sloshed around, I realized that we did not plan ahead and grab chairs to sit on. Kris borrowed some soda crates from the funnel cake stand for us to sit on.Kris finally picks a spot for us to sit...FAAAAAR away from anyone else on the OTHER end of the fair! As we sit there, my mom sends me a text telling me about my first 4th of July and how I spiked this high fever which led to an ER trip (which she does every year). At the same time, our friends and Kris' cousin, are texting Kris asking him if he has asked me yet. The rain begins to fall harder and is now bringing thunder and lightening with it. I am convinced that the fireworks will be cancelled and tell Kris we should leave. The fireworks were 20 minutes late. I am sure Kris was worried we would have to leave and he would have to ask me to marry him with no fireworks.The fireworks finally started! About halfway through, he kisses my cheek, tells me how I am his best friend and asks me to marry him. I don't even remember what he said, really. All I saw was the look in his eyes. We kissed and he put the ring on my finger. We waited a few minutes and then left, before the fireworks were even finished! The walk back to his truck was muddy and long-but we didn't care. We didn't walk on the sidewalks and went through puddles. I didn't even look at the ring until we got back to his truck!We went to our friend's house after for a small gathering. As soon as we walked in, I wanted to go to the bathroom, change clothes, clean up my mascara and brush my wet, soggy hair and the girls all wanted to see the ring (because they already knew, of course!)It didn't involve him getting on his knee (way too muddy for that), but I wouldn't change it for the world. When I look back, I realize how crabby I was and apologize to him all the time for it! My sister (who is 17...) said "You made that up or elaborated it because it sounds just like something you would read!" And it is. He made it perfect!

Re: Fourth of July!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards