African American Weddings
Options

Loving my FFIL!! (long)

Good morning ladies!!

Yesterday was not really a good day for me for the most part but I can honestly say the good overcame the bad and it ended nicely.  I just wanted to share what happened with my FFIL that makes me say I am so glad I will gaining a FIL one day. 

My dad passed away almost 5 years ago and it has left a big whole in my heart especially now that I know I am marrying the man of my dreams.  Well yesterday I had a rough day dealing with some rough issues with my ex-husband.  In a nutshell my EX owes over $50K (and counting) in child support arrears to me for our 2 children and has been ducking the system for YEARS while I have been here taking care of them and also trying to get it all worked out.  What makes it worse is that I know for sure he has a a cush job with the government in DC and it PISSES ME OFF!!!  Yell  I just keep getting the run around and it SUCKS!!

Anywho, my FI suggested I talk to my FFIL because his dad is a retired military cop/investigator who now just happens to work for the county courthouse so he has tons of connections and knowledge.  I was reluctant and FI knew this but we talked anyway.  FFIL shared my disgust and gave me some pointers on what to do next.  His conversation was filled with a few choice words for the ex but tons of support for me.  At the end of the convo, he said he loved me and wanted to make sure I knew that.  This melted my heart because I don't have that "dad" figure to turn to and FFIL's outward personality/appearance does not lend itself to make anyone think he can be a softy.  He's also didn't have any daughters so he's also just a tough cookie.

I just wanted to share that he melted my heart to know that even with all the garbage I had to face yesterday, the show of support from him helped to make my day better.  Just wanted to share.  
80 said yes image

Re: Loving my FFIL!! (long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful...YES you are gaining a WONDERFUL FIL. I hope all works out for you & your family. I've been where you are with the CS issue & it's sad when they just drop their responsibilities and continue on with their lives like they had nothing to do with producing the children. I"ll keep you & yor family in my prayers.
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing your story!  I love hearing about the little things that make a difference :)
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aaaawwww.  That is so sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe I love it!! Sweet!
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011