African American Weddings

my shoes...uggghh!!

So I order 2 pair of shoes. 1 pair from dsw and the other from 6pm.com. here is me frustration review

Given that I am a plus size woman size 22. Most heels I have no problem with as long as they are under 4" and depending on how the slim the heel..im usually good.

DSW..
The shoes are very cute but not so comfortable. Of course the heel is too high for me its over 4 1/2 and the right heel buckled right under me. So I can not definitely wear them. So they are going back.

6PM
Sigh...all I can do is shake my head on this one. The shoes are cute and the color I want. When I open the box I immediately notice that they were dirty. The back of the heel is wearing off. You can tell that they had been pre worn. The heels buckled..I even had a smaller girl who wears the same shoe as me try them on and they buckled on her...so all I can say is cheap cheap cheap...they on there way back.

So of course I went back to the drawing board. I found a site called yolu.co.uk. I found a shoe I want..its a dyeable and they have thr color and in the heel length I want..im nervous as hell for ordering with me but I have to try..cause here soon ima be wearing some hair store flip flops lol ...ok vent over sorry

Re: my shoes...uggghh!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-shoesuggghh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:03b5f501-9330-4b17-8cc5-51ade1bd14aePost:3585b6a7-9075-474d-b83e-b354528f6618">my shoes...uggghh!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I order 2 pair of shoes. 1 pair from dsw and the other from 6pm.com. here is me frustration review Given that I am a plus size woman size 22. Most heels I have no problem with as long as they are under 4" and depending on how the slim the heel..im usually good. DSW.. The shoes are very cute but not so comfortable. Of course the heel is too high for me its over 4 1/2 and the right heel buckled right under me. So I can not definitely wear them. So they are going back. 6PM Sigh...all I can do is shake my head on this one. The shoes are cute and the color I want. When I open the box I immediately notice that they were dirty. The back of the heel is wearing off. You can tell that they had been pre worn. The heels buckled..I even had a smaller girl who wears the same shoe as me try them on and they buckled on her...so all I can say is cheap cheap cheap...they on there way back. So of course I went back to the drawing board. I found a site called yolu.co.uk. I found a shoe I want..its a dyeable and they have thr color and in the heel length I want..im nervous as hell for ordering with me but I have to try..cause here soon ima be wearing some hair store flip flops lol ...ok vent over sorry
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

have you looked at the davids bridal dyeables?
  • Yes..I have looked at davids and I dont like none of the shoes they have. Plus I there dyeable shoes run when they get wet or feet start to sweat and the dye is left on your feet.
  • whoa! they selling preworn shoes, that's crazy! Are they offering free return shipping?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • MrsBad13MrsBad13 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Yes. At least my shoes were preworn. Of course not lol..they dont even have an 800 ...u have to email them..aint that some ish ?! Ha. Im hoping shipping dont be too much.
  • Aww dang sorry your going thru this and sooo close to the big day but i must say thats sum bull about them preworn shoes who does that??? Im sure somebody saw that diry shoe and sent it anyway smh you may be better off going to a store and buying shoes instead of online because as you see you never know what your gonna get

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Its starting to make me want to pull my hair out ! Why when toub actually looking for something you cant find but when yo u not it shoes everywhere lol. Girl..let me tell youm I have been to macys, dillards, jcp, little shoe boutiques here in my city, I've looked at torrid, eveywhere and nothing even davids bridal. Ima try one more online store and see how it works out. Ill keep you guys updated .
  • What color shoe are you looking for?  Look online at www.ninashoes.com, they have some great shoe son sale. Good luck!!
  • Im looking for blue shoes. And I have tried nina, jrenee, and a lot others. Trust me..I've been looking since thanksgiving lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-shoesuggghh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:03b5f501-9330-4b17-8cc5-51ade1bd14aePost:39c5a4a7-ddce-4284-a49c-8ced4597b89b">Re:my shoes...uggghh!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im looking for blue shoes. And I have tried nina, jrenee, and a lot others. Trust me..I've been looking since thanksgiving lol
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>So shoes was a big headache for me as well. I didn't think it would be cause I am not a "shoe person" but I think because of that, I just don't wear heels that often and every cute shoe has heels that non-experience heel wearers can't handle. Since you have been at this for a while, I will assume that you have tried shoes that have platforms in the front? That would give you more options. I remember wanting a lower heel but lower heel shoes are sometimes just not that cute. So trying the higher heel with the platform at the front gives you a bit more options. In the end, my shoes weren't the most comfortable, I lasted for about 4 hrs in them then I changed into platform bridal flip flops. Just consider that if you get a bit desperate, you could be cute and not comfortable for a couple of hours and slip into something more comfortable later. I opted for the wedged flip flops so that my dress wasn't completely dragging on the floor when I changed into those. Perhaps show us the pair you like on the uk website and maybe we could help find similar ones on a different site...good luck! And don't stress...you will find something. </div>
    Anniversary
  • Have you looked on Victoria secrets? That's where mine came from although I was eyeballing some on Fredrick's site too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro..I was thinking that because I know I will been done had a couple glasses of mimosas that morning and if I pop a tylenol I might not feel the pain so much lol. I am heel wearer and usually dont have a problem finding shoes. I guess because its for a special day its a headache right ?! Lol..I will post a pic when I get home.
  • In Response to Re:my shoes...uggghh!!:[QUOTE]Have you looked on Victoria secrets? That's where mine came from although I was eyeballing some on Fredrick's site too. Posted by leatba[/QUOTE]

I did look a freds but not VS. I will check there. Thanks
  • Have you checked eBay? You can save the search and get emails with new listings that meet your criteria daily. When I find shoes locally or even online, I always check there to see if I can find it cheaper or something similar but better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards