African American Weddings
Options

Plus who? the new boo??

Hi ladies... I have been MIA painting centerpieces and wine glasses and such! I have missed yall!

anywho, I was listening to the Steve Harvey morning show and he really made me think.  He said that you should not take a date to a wedding that you would not marry, wouldnt consider marrying or are not married to.  What do you guys think of this?  I personally agree to the fullest... or maybe I'm just thinking of my pockets :) I had quite a few groomsmen trying to bring their lastest fling and didn't even know sister girls last name!  I was like naw homeboy, you have a job to do getting my hubs to that alter, I dont have time for you to be worrying about Susie Housecoat all day, nor am I paying $23  to feed Ms. Strange Girl!  I had some BM's trying to bring their ex's, my mama trying to bring her ex husband that I can't stand... NO! I shut it down.. no fly by night boo's at my wedding.  Sorry.

Lol! What are you ladies plans for the uninvited invited boos??

Whole bridal party (guys and girls) is single... they wanna bring dates... really? Just sit at the head table and be easy!!

Re: Plus who? the new boo??

• Options
    edited December 2011

My invites won't go into the mail until next month.But I don't plan on inviting the new Boos either....I don't have time for that mess either. I feel the same way about who you will take with you to a wedding. No new boo's

www.weddingwire.com/kiwonaandhector
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steve Harvey is a trip.....lol. I can't say whether I agree or disagree with him. I say that because I know a few older couples (50s & up) that have been in a relationship for awhile, have been married before (maybe more than once), and choose not to marry again. They are on the same page & just want to enjoy their relationship. I can't really knock them for that....especially if they are both content with that. 

However, I'm only allowing guest to bring a date if they are in a serious relationship or married. I am not doing pop-up girlfriends or boyfriends either. If my FI & I don't know them or even heard of them, they're not invited. I'm only allowing my friend (soloist) to bring anyone as her +1 because she's driving more than 8 hours to get here. She's my only exception. Majority of our wedding party is married or in serious relationships.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tahaira82tahaira82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @lil you make a good point and that's my thinking too!  Serious relationships only.  You don't have to be nor getting married but you gotta be exclusive! Come on people! lol! I thought single folk went to weddings to catch them a little somethin somethin??  lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I sent out and email for addresses I asked my guest for the name of their plus one.  I told everyone that their will be no day of boos at the wedding.  Of courser there were a few people that I know who are playas, and always have a new boo at each event we go to. Yes, I did make exceptions to those few people as that is who they are. But that only amounted to about 4 extra guests so I was ok with that. Now for everyone else,.... if they were not booed up at the time that I go their addresses.,, then their current boo would have to sit at home and wait.  I am not into everone's business about how long they been together and if they are going to get married. Some people have been together for years and marriage is not on the table yet. Some people can meeting today and plan to get married next month. If they were boos in Jan and are still boos now, then they got an invite.  That is good enough for me. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The way I feel about this subject is this,  if they have been dating for six months or more, homebody or homegirl can get an invite. if not no way. Flavor of the month or minute is NOT invited. Weddings cost way too damn much for that foolishness. I do not think so, lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I made an exception for my BP, when you think about it, if they have traveled , dished out money for clothing, bachelorette, showers, I could begrudge them not feelling lonely at the wedding by inviting a date. Unless it's bound to cause drama for some reason. It can be pretty depressing for both BM and GMs to sit there and look at how lovey dovey y'all are, start drinking and go home or to the hotel alone.

I did not extend a plus one to my friends who are just dating (not married or engaged) unless it was someone I knew would not have anyone else to hang out with for the weekend and the wedding i.e., my close friend from where I live now would be sitting by herself and in her hotel the whole weekend alone , kinda unfair.

Everyone else can keep their flings to themselves

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry no boo of the week at my wedding or reception, we are kicking out enough money. Those in a serious relationship will get invitations, but the rest can bounce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards