Washington-Seattle
Options

Yay we have a venue and opinions

Ok, so we secured our new venue today, and we did not have to change our date! Were going with the Mayflower Park Hotel, which we both really like, strange since it's the complete opposite of the small nature wedding we had envisioned. But my question is, our original colors were black white and red. I don't know if the colors would look right in the room. Heres a pic, do you think we should do more ivory, gold, champagne colors with tons of candles instead? I definitely want an elegant romantic feel.[url=http://img137.imageshack.us/i/mayflower.jpg/][img=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9590/mayflower.jpg][/url]

Re: Yay we have a venue and opinions

• Options
    Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there in March of 07 and while yes, the room is done in ivories, its really nice and neutral.  you could absolutely do any color scheme in there that you wanted.  There's was pinks, and it turned out great, and to be honest, I think the bold colors you chose would really pop off of their decor.  Don't change a thing!  they have a beautiful room that molds easily with any theme.
  • Options
    emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know how her experience with them was?
  • Options
    Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They were fabulous!  My cousin and his wife are both in the air force, both grew up here, but my cousin is stationed in North Carolina and his wife is in Mississippi.  They still are not stationed in the same state, two and a half years after the wedding.  But they were able to plan their wedding, without one major hitch, from that far away.  The contact at the hotel was super helpful and helped them find the vendors they needed.  They both arrived here in Seattle just a couple days before the wedding, and everything was in perfect order.  I have nothing bad to say about the venue whatsoever, they went above and beyond for my cousin and his wife.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp that any color combo will look great because it is pretty neutral. BUT, I like the idea of the ivory, gold, champagne colors with tons of candles idea. maybe a splash of light pink.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I think ivory, gold & champagne would be pretty, it would quickly get really...umm..neutral in that room. I would stick with your colors with a slight modification: black, red and then ivory or gold or champagne instead of white.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! How about black and white/ivory and gold/champagne with red accents. Like PP stated, I think a pop of color would be nice against the colors in the room.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow- I've missed a lot!  You had to get a new venue?!  It looks really nice and I think that red black and white could still look really good.  Or if you wanted to stay with the warmer tones, to gold, burgundy and a really dark brown?  It could look similar to the red, black and white. . .
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, pretty! I love that it has character. I agree with PP that your colors will really pop against the backdrop of that room.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's great that you didn't have to change your date! is your old venue compensating at all for anything?are the chairs going to be THOSE chairs? .....plus, the table cloth is distracting! hah. i'm sure any color would work...but if you decide for a gold/red feel, let me know. i have TONS of left over paper. :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will it be day or night? Black/red seem like more nighttime colors to me? I think I'd do more of a fushia than a red personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards