Washington-Seattle
Options

**LadyDove**

I'm hoping that you'll take time to take a tour at the OlyClub in Centralia and see some of the historic downtown sites. Due to Centralia's seedy history during prohibition, there are hidden underground tunnels (only locals know about them and are closed to the public), and a lot of ghost stories about some of the old buildings! If you get a chance check it out because it's a lot of fun!

Re: **LadyDove**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara...are you serious?! I am so there, I love history. Where do you find out about the tours?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm I would call either the chamber of commerce or the oly club itself. But my dad told me about the Ayala furniture building is rumored to have a ghost from a hanging that happened on the upper level...so if you have time to antique all those old buildings have stories like that! Here's the oly club's info (it's just down the street from your venue.)http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=58&category=Location%20Homepage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I totally read that before. I was all about staying at that hotel until I read that there was a ghost. Hells to the no! There are only 3 things in this world that scare me, Spiders, clowns and ghosts/demons. I would definitely take a tour where there are ghosts but not sleep there. Shawn is even more freaked out by that stuff than I am. We watched A Haunting In Connecticut last week and he was so scared, gripping my leg and saying, "I don't think I can get through this movie!" 6 foot 3 inches, 200 pounds of terrified quivering jello! I'm so looking into Centralia's history. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No prob! Like you I love that kind of stuff! I always like hearing stories from my parents and grandparents and other people whose families have been in town for a while... who knew that C-town was a alchie mecha during prohibition? Have a blast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that sounds FUN! FYI - don't bother with the Portland Underground unless you're just interested in architectual-style history. (They bill it as being all bawdy, etc. but our guide poo-pooed everything before and after each of the supposed stories. )
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards