African American Weddings
Options

Reception Dress...Do you have one?

I'm still looking for one. Where did you get yours and what color is it? I don't really want white, because I have 2 more weddings this year and I need to be able to wear it to one of them.

Re: Reception Dress...Do you have one?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have a reception dress that I am changing into. It is in Ivory (unlike my wedding gown). I purchased the dress brand new from my planner.  A designer made the dress for another one of her brides but when the bride tried the dress on, it didn't fit her body the way she thought it would so my planner was stuck with the dress. Then when I inquired about a second dress the planner offered the dress to me. I tried it on and the thing fit like it was made especially for me. I was blown away.

Now if you are looking for something nice for your reception, have you tried looking at David's Bridal site? they have nice dresses on there under their online sale only section at wonderful prices. Had I not had my dress already I would have ordered one. And they have a lot of them in Ivory (or at least they did last I was checking for someone else recently). You can also try this website called bridal sassique. Sometimes you can find nice stuff on there. I haven't been on there in a while though. check there.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a DB dress, it's actually a prom dress. Its white and sparkly, but they have green, red, purple, yellow and another color too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    mnm729mnm729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have one, and it's ivory and short.  I love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards