Washington-Seattle
Options

Friday Rant and Rave...

Well...Rant: Work... ugh... so much to do yet still, and work just gets in the way!!Raves: My shower is tomorrow! I can't wait!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friday Rant and Rave...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Had acrylics put on yesterday at a nail salon near my house that has done good with regular manicures and pedicures. As soon as I saw the guy who was going to be my tech I thought "Uh-oh" but figured to give him a try. Last time he did a manicure, he didn't get that I want round nails, not square. Ditto this time. Needless to say, I can tell he's new and my nails look like crap. Not happy. Rave: Get to see my normal nail guy tomorrow for a pedi and fix on my acrylics. And get to see old friends from high school at our 10 year reunion tomorrow night!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow 10 yr reunion tygirl....you're old! ;)rant: FFIL. and FI is leaving for his bachelor weekend at whistler in about an hour.rave: my b-party tomorrow night.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  Fi and I went to the Mariner's game last night and I hate to bring my purse to those things, so I gave him my license and debit card to keep in his wallet while we were there.  And of course i forgot to get them back.  Stopped to get breakfast on the way to work, had no card.  The lady was nice and told me to take it anyway. Rave: 365 Days today until I marry my FI!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Work... it's always work...Raves: We applied for our marriage license yesterday!! Looking forward to spending time with the boy and finishing up DIY stuff this weekend.
  • Options
    LMMH09LMMH09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: My two counterparts at work are gone today so I am the only paralegal for my team.  Soooo much work to do! Rave: Bridal shower on Sunday!!! Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I'm sewing a 1931 Vogue pattern that has some of the worst directions! I'm constantly running to the Internet to interpret them (invisible sewing? as far as I still know, that only applies to Emperor's clothes!). Last night, I was fighting with the facing on the bodice, FI decided we should watch 'It Happened One Night' while I was doing this, so I screwed up and caught a piece in my stitch. Can't find my new seam ripper that I just bought to replace my missing one. Had an actual anxiety attack over this damn dress (couldn't breathe, couldn't function, started crying). First time I've sewn something this complicated without having my Mom close by to consult with. She's on vacation so I can't even send her pics and tele-consult!Rant 2: I'm really overwhelmed with wedding stuff. I still can't decide on a dress. I know what Jennlin says, but I always knew I'd be the gal who wouldn't have "the dress" but would rather find one I just really love. Well, there are two. :P Since I don't care about the superstition, I'm to the point of having FI look at my blog and tell me what HE likes best. (Mom & Sister like the La Sposa, Dad and all of you like the Sottero. FMIL thinks I look gorgeous in anything and won't give her vote.) I'm stuck on details like how to afford a hotel located near my venues for the night before and for getting ready and am just freaking.Rave: We have the Murder Mystery Party tomorrow that my genius friend wrote (80 parts!) for which I'm sewing above evil dress.Rave 2: I had a note from UPS that I missed delivery from Albany, NY that must be signed for in person. Huh? Oh! It's the awesome vintage Art Deco dress clips my mom helped me win on eBay!! I didn't know if the seller got my mom's email to please send directly to me instead of her address and didn't expect them to arrive in time! I get to go pick them up from the UPS office after work today! Squee!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jesgregjesgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No rants...things are going pretty well. Rave: we are going camping tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!  And with nothing on our agenda it's like a mini two day vacation.   
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2011
    KST~ wow, murder mystery! so much fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rave - One week!  Shnikeys, it's happening fast!  I have all my nail/threading/etc appt's all set- bring it on!  My BM's will all be in town by Tuesday and we're just going to chill out and be girls for a few days!  :)Rave- My parents arrive tomorrow!Rant- My parents arrive tomorrow!  Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but there's been minimal drama going on.  I haven't posted because it's nothing big- just my middle childness manifesting itself now that I'm an adult!  Basically, I feel like my mom and brother are planning things that conflict with what needs to happen (ie nail appointments, flowers) and not working with me to coordinate schedules.  So- I'm excited, but nervous to see what sh!t is going to hit the fan . . .  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Had trouble getting to sleep last night -feeling anxious about wedding stuff- very anxious and it is still far away! 2nd Rant: Have to work this weekend to meet work deadline.Rave: Get to work from home today because contractors are here working on FIs b-day present -concrete pad in the backyard. 2nd Rave: FI comes home tomorrow morning from being gone for work all week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Too much month and wedding expense not enough $$$$...Rave: Getting so many checks done! I think by Dec. my last major expense will be food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: too much stuff going on. I just want to go home and hide under a blanket. Also, STD bachelorette drama. Why are girls so dramatic? urgh Rave: Shopping with Moms and sister for MOB dressed tomorrow. Should be fun.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    ZistaZista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I can't get these damn gel nails off.  I'm destroying my real nails in the process.  :(Rave: We're home home home from our honeymoon!  The house is a mess, the garden gone mad, DH is sick, and I have to start work soon, but DAMN is it good to be home.

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I missed our engagement announcement in the paper which I can still print out from the internet but I really wanted the real thing for scrapbook : ( ... (and yes I know we didn't put it in for six months after we got engaged but we didn't have our engagement party until 2 weekends ago and wanted to wait to put it in until after that)Rant: I need to clean and do laundry and I'm feeling lazy.Rave: We got our save the dates addressed and sent out two days ago and people are already letting me know they got them. Yay! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you contact the paper it was in to see if they have a copy? I know most papers keep some back dated copies around for archieves might be worth a shot ;)
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea. FI is going to check with a friend who gets the paper to see if they have it but if not I'll try asking them. Thanks for the advice!! : )
  • Options
    teacherpigletteacherpiglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  family drama, poeple keep backing out of BPRave: Bachelorette party tomorrow night!!! 
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2011
    carissa~ what paper was it? you KNOW there are knot detectives :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Yesterday was DH and I's 8 month wedding anniversary. I haven't seen him in as many, going on 9. It's beginning to be very frustrating. On top of that, DH and I are seeming to not being seeing eye to eye on some intimate issues. Rave: I bought some lingerie to cheer myself up. I love me some tax free Frederick's. Rant: Which ends up being a moot point anyway, because I don't have my husband handy to model it for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: had a member of another team's staff who was filling in for my staff quit with out notice, The restaurant in our building had a small fire yesterday, I went into to work early to cover someone else's shift and my shiftmate no - showed.  It was a rough day. Rave: tomorrow is my birfday and we're going to the sounders game! :) Rave 2: my fi already gave me my bday gift....a cricut expression!! Im so freaking excited!  There are lots of accessories that I need.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cupcake, you're a genius! Is there one in Portland??
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards