African American Weddings
Options

Gahhhh....(venting)

I wasn't stressed about this wedding business until today. It started with this "project" FI's aunt asked me to do. She's doing "something" thats a "surprise" but she asked me to create this "thing" to go along with whatever she's doing. Okay, she faxes me a drawing to describe what she wants:

Not being able to wrap my mind around it....I pass it on to Jonesy (whose been doing ALL of my paper things and completely wonderful!) and this is what she comes up with:

Lovely right? So I send this to FI aunt to proof to see if this is what she wants.

Apparently it was not. SHE said she needs the heart clear (her words not mine), nothing across it. Put the names to the left of the card instead and the middle clear. WTH? 2 on one page, I'm guessing postcard size. She's gonna cut them herself so the whole half of sheet wouldn't be used.

I think she wants an outline of a heart instead from what she says. She's thinking of drawing a heart onto the card thingy!!!!! OMG.  I have no clue what she's doing with this and she won't tell me "It's a surprise."

I am trying to have patience and not seem ungrateful. But this is getting on my nerves.

So I email Jonesy back and she whips this out:

I emailed it back to FI's aunt and I'm done. Whether she likes it or not.

Next is my hair. I spoke with that chick thats gonna do my hair the day of. For what I want, I was told to get Goddess Remi 16 inches. Okay. I don't weave it...my hair is long as it is (prolly about 14 in') but for the purpose of the day I wanted something fab & different with fullness. I had the bright idea to look up to check how much this pack of hair costs. $80. :/ Not to mention the $45 I have to pay her for styling and $20 per row she has to sew in. I feel that that is a bit much. Maybe I'm very frugal but I only pay $60 at the most when I get my hair done and that's with a touch up. Otherwise I pay $30.

I did go to the Beauty Supply to research what I can get for cheaper...I got it down to $40 and its not Goddess Remi but similar.

So I'm thinking I need some more hair ideas as a back up.

And oh...I got my first check w/my payraise....The bastids shorted me .14 cents per hour. I'm hourly now since I cut down my hours.

Sorry this is so long but its either this or I get a shot of somethingg....We all know I can't so I'll vent to y'all and eat my apple pie.

Re: Gahhhh....(venting)

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah chica  you got a lot goin on... count to 3 and take a deep breath. Yeah the remi hair is expensive, its top of the line hair. but if your just gonna wear it one day you could settle for yaki. as far as the surprise thingy, she shouldnt have you doing it if it's supposed to be a surprise. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    milana1023milana1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wooosahhh honey. Don't let em break you. First, both designs Jonesy created were great. I hope fi's aunt presents you with "something" great. When do you get to see {and approve} this great thing? Second, that darn Remi hair is expensive, but from what I've seen it really does look great. Is there any other brand of hair the stylist can reccommend?? Good luck to you on everything. Oh, and LOL @ bastids! 
  • Options
    luvelynicluvelynic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry about all that's going on. Hope auntie is pleased with what you sent. As for as the hair goes some hair stylist at least the one's I know well only use the brand of hair they recommended. With that being said maybe you should look for other hair styles you like or ask if she could recommend some other brand of hair that would be just as nice for less. Hth Try not to stress to much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just take some deep breaths. So remi hair is a lot and I'm paying way more for my hair than that. It could always be worse. Treat her like any other vendor and ask what you can do in order to less the cost. How long do you plan on keeping the hair in? You want it to look more natural than anything esp since you don't wear weaves regularly. I don't know what you should do about your FI's aunt.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'm looking into other hairstyles as well, I only plan to wear it probably for the rest of the week until I go back to my regular salon to have it removed. I think the 40 hair is Yaki.

FI's aunt didn't call me back so I assume its not what she wants. Oh well. I'll use it for something else. She's already doing the centerpieces for the tables and they are well...not what I envisioned. So I don't know what to say about this "surprise". I really don't want to seem ungrateful. Guess that's why I'm stressed about it. I'm not worring anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Kimmy!!!! You have only one week left!!! Please don't stress yourself on the small stuff. Just enjoy this last week.

Yes I hear that Remy is the best but there are other good ones especially if you are not wearing it for a long period of time. Good luck!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Girly,
    In regards to the hair, I would suggest Milyway "Indian hair"  BUT only if you are goign to keep it for a short ammount of time.  The hair  will eventually bgin to shed and tangle and all that other hoopla.  So, if you wanna keep it for a while go with the Remi.  Also, I am not sure where you live but that price quote sounds AMAZING!!!  My guy charges 60 for doing your hair (and I don't have a relaxer) and then an additional 20 per track or 250 for a full head of weave!  The things we go through!!!  Good luck!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards