African American Weddings
Options

Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club

Ill make this quick. As of today, out of the 276 people invited 94 have accepted and 15 have declined. This would be fine by me if the due date wasn't MARCH 1ST. WTF?!?! Btw it has nothin to do with race!! Rude comes in all colors. It's his people and mine (fi is white). Maybe I'll get 167 rsvp's today and tomorrow. Oh and it's not the old people that can't use the computer. Atleast they were nice enough to send us a letter Or ask us to do it for them. Nope. These are the facebookers and tweeters that we are waiting for. overrsvp's.edu.
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club

• Options
    Wow! That is ALOT of ppl that still haven't responded. I sure hope they will all come flooding in the mail by tomorrow or definitely by the weekend. If not, I guess you have to get your fingers ready to start dialing some folks, which I know you probably don't want to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are irritated by this.  It's not like you have a million other things to focus on before the big day and now you've gotta hunt folks down.  (((HUGS)))  I suggest you be proactive and call these people and explain to them that you need a final head count and want to confirm their attendance.  I really don't think wedding guests try to buck the system and not send in their RSVP's, I just think they don't understand the importance of it.  Wishing you well on the phone calls, luv.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I"m so sorry!

I am dreading sending out my invitations to 250 people when I know only 1/3 of the guests will reply. And to make matters worse, is that 80 guests are FMIL & FFIL invites that we don't know. So if they don't reach out to them then we have no clue if they are coming or not.

Try not to stress, it is a part of wedding planning we all must go through.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    We're sending our's out early for this very reason!! If I don't hear back from our main crew by a certain time I plan to call. If I don't hear back from the call I'm inviting someone in their place. I don't want to get down to my date and have these empty spots when someone else could have taken it.We have friends we did not invite so that family could come. I still have a few family members I haven't heard from for the save the date.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_today-i-join-the-irritated-by-rsvps-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0ffbff9f-bae0-40d8-a475-6218395f5f19Post:c576a14b-a809-4b89-a1c3-84d2edd000b5">Re: Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're sending our's out early for this very reason!! If I don't hear back from our main crew by a certain time I plan to call. <strong>If I don't hear back from the call I'm inviting someone in their place. I don't want to get down to my date and have these empty spots when someone else could have taken it.</strong>We have friends we did not invite so that family could come. I still have a few family members I haven't heard from for the save the date.
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

Be careful doing this you don't want to end up over your count if the first invitee actually decides to come.

OP, sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.  Hopefully you will get a lot by this weekend, if not get a calling crew together so you don't have to make all the calls yourself.  I was so pissed at the people that didn't RSVP that I didn't even bother to call them most of them I haven't spoken to since either. HA, but that doesn't work for everyone.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_today-i-join-the-irritated-by-rsvps-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0ffbff9f-bae0-40d8-a475-6218395f5f19Post:596fc4fc-6656-410b-a76f-9390ec88e3fa">Re: Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club</a>:
    [QUOTE]I"m so sorry! I am dreading sending out my invitations to 250 people when I know only 1/3 of the guests will reply. And to make matters worse, is that <strong>80 guests are FMIL & FFIL invites that we don't know. So if they don't reach out to them then we have no clue if they are coming or not</strong>. Try not to stress, it is a part of wedding planning we all must go through.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

You should ask FILs to call them. They made the decision to invite them, so they should call to see if they're coming. That's what my FILs are doing.
  • Options
    Oh man, that stinks.  That is a lot of people who are not on the ball!  I hope you get some today and tomorrow and if not hit them up on the phone and on facebook, text, etc.  give them an absolute end date and if you don't hear from them count them as a decline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LORD am I glad we did all our RSVP's via our website. I would've been PISSED if I spent money on stamps for this. I am also glad i made our due date so early. I dont really need then til the 21st but didnt tell any one. Im gonna give the slow people a few extra days even though I dont want to. 

We got a few so far today. I called my mom with my worries last night and she sent an email out to fam and close friends as we were speaking. Gotta love a crazy momma!  

Thanks for all your support ladies. I am not looking forward to the phone calls and will def be pulling together a calling crew. LAWD! Ima go do a happy post now 

" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_today-i-join-the-irritated-by-rsvps-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0ffbff9f-bae0-40d8-a475-6218395f5f19Post:a09d394a-9f01-47b6-851f-758f3132fca2">Re: Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club</a>:
    [QUOTE]LORD am I glad we did all our RSVP's via our website. I would've been PISSED if I spent money on stamps for this. I am also glad i made our due date so early. I dont really need then til the 21st but didnt tell any one. Im gonna give the slow people a few extra days even though I dont want to.  We got a few so far today. I called my mom with my worries last night and she sent an email out to fam and close friends as we were speaking. Gotta love a crazy momma!   Thanks for all your support ladies. I am not looking forward to the phone calls and will def be pulling together a calling crew. LAWD! Ima go do a happy post now 
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]

I was about to say man that sucks that you wasted money on stamps and ppl aren't responding, but you didnt! So thats a positive. That's exactly why I'm doing the same thing and going with website/phone rsvp. I'm sorry you have to go through this hopefully people will respond ASAP.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Can I join with you lol? My response date is also March 1st. I have heard from about 40% of my guests. I even sent a reminder on Facebook. My venue doesn't need a guest count until March 16th, but my chair vendor needs the count on the 10th. My mom started calling people yesterday.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_today-i-join-the-irritated-by-rsvps-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:0ffbff9f-bae0-40d8-a475-6218395f5f19Post:03026990-1305-4279-8c64-7673f24fc0b2">Re: Today I join the "irritated by rsvp's" club</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can<strong> I join with you lol? My response date is also March 1st. I have heard from about 40% of my guests.</strong> I even sent a reminder on Facebook. My venue doesn't need a guest count until March 16th, but my chair vendor needs the count on the 10th. My mom started calling people yesterday.
    Posted by Made4Him[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Please do join in.I 've been hearing about this moment since i joined the knot. I tried to prepar the best that I could. </div><div>
    </div><div>My mom mustve reached the masses because I've gotten back at least 10 just today.lol </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards