African American Weddings
Options

would you be offended?

Ok-the closer to the date, the more anxious I'm getting...I have a BM who agreed to do my makeup-really just my eyes because she does hers so well and I'm still learning. I told her that I want to do a trial with her first to make sure everything is everything and she keeps making excuses to meet up. We work together and live close to each other but I know she's busy but dang-I only need 20 mins of your time! Then I saw pictures of someone else's eyes that she did once and they were a hot mess! I know she was in a hurry that night but still. So now I'm thinking I should try to fit a trip to MAC the day of my wedding to have them do my eyes. Would you be insulted if you were her and I told you that I didn't want you anymore to do my makeup? Sorry if I started to ramble...I'm getting scared now!

Re: would you be offended?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just put it to her like you're easing her burden. "i know u need to get yourself ready...don't wanna jam u for time..." u get the idea. If she insists...insist on a trial right then and there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    girrll..i am the queen of excuses..here is one "Hey girl, one of my friends got me a MAC makeup artists as a wedding gift for my wedding day. She didn't know you and I had plans and she has already paid for it"..............something along the lines of that..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think she can be upset seeing that she keeps putting you off.. You can just tell her you had a trial with someone else and you liked the job they done so you're going to go with them. I would be more insulted with the fact that she keeps putting me off.. like how can't you come up with a few minutes to do a trial run when we're near each other? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If she keeps making excuses I wouldn't say anything.  I would drop it and move on.  Us brides don't have time to stand around and wait for people to get a move on when we're planning a wedding. If she brought it up later on I would simply say, "I know everyone is busy and I didn't want my bridesmaid to have to worry about doing my makeup on the day of so I hired a pro."  Of course you could word that so it sounds like it's coming from you. HTH, GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must say brobin01 excuse sounds great to me...I would soooo use that on your BM and K.I.M.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If ur still not convinced look at it like this, are u more worried about her being offended or ur eyes in ur wedding pics possibly looking a HAM?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good one ladysun!...again (1) give excuse provided by brobin01 (2) K.I.M....LOL!...besides she's been giving you excuses on not being able to come over and doing the trial for your eyes for a while now, so at this time, you gotta get all of your ducks in a row and make sure everything is on point and your m/u, IMHO, is very important...so she should understand and if she doesn't...still K.I.M.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @Alf, Ladysun and brobin..  I gotta use that HAM acronym more often. I like brobin's excuse too. Girl use that it KIROM (keep it right on movin'). Nobody got time for all that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lady05Lady05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone.. you do not want your pics to be H.A.M. I would make that trip to MAC and K.I.M.She will get over it if she is a real friend.
  • Options
    oburrelloburrell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my hair appointment at 9 so after that I think I'll just scoot on over to the mall and get someone at MAC to do it. I will use brobin's excuse-good one girl! Thanks ladies! She will have to get over it-I'm tired of waiting on people to get their stuff straight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards