African American Weddings
Options

Favors that represent destination wedding

Good afternoon all! We are doing a destination wedding April 24th in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. As soon as we return, we're throwing a reception back at home. I was thinking of doing a candy bar (I have a cute idea for that that I'll share in another post), but I also wanted to have a favor that was representative of our trip to Jamaica. Any ideas??

Re: Favors that represent destination wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love candy bars.  We did one for our engagement party. To incorporate the favor with your candy bar table, what about designing your own candy bar wrappers that are Jamaican inspired (yellow/green/black)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still aint figured out what I wanted to give for my favors. Oriental Trading has these cute ink pens though and these mint tins with a cute palm tree beach design on them.
  • Options
    aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is an idea, use the photos from the DW ceremony on the candy bars for the AHR and for the nutritional facts on the back put cute little facts about Jamaica and the ceremony. For example, Serving size - 1 Jamaican Wedding and change the ingredients (sp) etc. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im doing luggage tags with our monogram
  • Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know things aren't that cheap as a group in the islands, but maybe you can buy some things and bring them back for guests, depending on how many you have. So they'll have authentic sovuviners.(yeah, I can't spell.lol)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Trevette... maybe bring something back from Jamaica for your guests. Not sure how many people plan to attend but it could be something as simple as a fridge magnet or keychain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    White chocolate shaped in different types of shells. Melts in your mouth! YUMMM. My friend had those at her wedding...I think they were from Ghiardelli (spelling?) or Lindt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am also doing a destination wedding. my wedding favor are going to be the the message bottles but with sand(sand will be in wedding colors) it also ties in our theme as well as the sand ceremony we will have during the ceremony! bottle will have our names and wedding date
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am also doing a destination wedding. my wedding favor are going to be the the message bottles but with sand(sand will be in wedding colors) it also ties in our theme as well as the sand ceremony we will have during the ceremony! bottle will have our names and wedding date
  • Options
    Crook251Crook251 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My idea was the same as Meccaj. To spice that up you can also put layer te sand with red, yellow, and green sand. Good Luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards